Author's Note: IMPORTANT, Please Read ❤️❤️

Hello!

Long time no see, or rather, long time since I've actually updated this story. Considering this is now 2024... I guess you can tell I've been pretty busy. Graduating college and working in your field does that to ya ;)

For those newer to this story (and not with me since 2019, when I began this book), my nineteen-year-old self picked up the books for the first time, read them, and halfway through the second book, I had some pretty awful things happen to me. I ended up coping with what happened in all the wrong ways, and created Adrianna to work through most of it.

It didn't help. If anything, it made everything a gazillion times worse for me.

The books have become a huge a trigger for me, and most of this story was written during a time of deep self-hatred and disgust. I can't even go back and read the work myself and the only reason I haven't deleted this story off of my page entirely is because of you.

I've received countless messages thanking me for the story and sharing with me the influence Adrianna has had on them. A few of them made me cry.

But here I am; five years later and 24 years old, and can say with confidence I'm a lot better than I was. But that's the thing about healing- it's linear, and sometimes that means you have to let some things go in order to fully heal.

That brings me to the purpose of this update after half a decade...

I don't remember a thing about any of these books, or their plot, to even give you the rest of this book you've been waiting so long for.

And, I refuse to read them again. 

My mental health has been through utter shit lately, and despite having a really horrible time at not one, but three colleges (sometimes college just sucks because of the people there) I get to walk on May 18th across the stage on the Dean's List (high honors and GPA is what that means) and finally get to say goodbye to schooling for the rest of my life.

With all that to take into consideration, with a lot of thought and pondering, I am not finishing this story. Where I left the last chapter, is where the story will end.

I never personally finished book three, nor did I read ACOFAS, nor have I read ACOSF. And I don't plan to. In fact, because I read the books back in 2018 before Booktok got ahold of it, I even have them in their ORIGINAL COVERS. Gosh.

Honestly, there's not much persuading that can be done to convince me to finish the series, or this story, and for that I am sorry if I have saddened you but this is a decision I need to make for myself.

The story will stay on my page for others to enjoy, and I will mark it as complete.

In a way, I think there's beauty in it ending here.

Adrianna finally has the family she's always wanted and always deserved. She's got Az and Rhys and Cassian and Feyre. And I'm sure her twins (I planned them to be a boy and a girl) will make fast friends with Baby Nyx (darn TikTok spoilers).

Every story comes to an end, but not all endings are bad. If I get hate for this, so be it. Your words can't hurt me. In fact, I don't really care about the opinions of strangers on the internet, or if you're mad I'm ending the story. The choice to complete the story or not is my own.

I hope what you did get from this story was good for you, and that you can find more ACOTAR fanfics out there either here on Wattpad or on AO3 or anywhere else that can make you happy.

I only ask one thing: that you learn to understand. That you can learn to understand that the fanfic writers out there have lives. And sometimes, leaving a fandom is necessary. Leaving a story unfinished is necessary. Because it leads you to healing. It leads you to bettering yourself.

I hope that this story had some positive impact for you, and even though goodbyes are hard, they aren't forever.

See you later,
~Cora Knight, xoxo