𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫

FOUR

4

COLD HANDS, JUJUTSU!

MIEKO SLEPT SOUNDLY ON THE COUCH,

Before being awoken by various incoming dings from her phone and one final blow of a horn from a car from outside the apartment complex.

She groaned accordingly, reaching for her almost dead phone rested on the coffee table beside her.
Through one open eye, half lidded with sleep she had seen Nanami's dozen of texts, but her attention focused on the top one which read; i'm outside. Frazzled, the girl quickly woke up in a mad dash to get ready, not actually taking a peak at the time.

In his car, Nanami watched up at the window observing as the girl ran around and even tripping eventually, making him chuckle.
He glanced down at his cellphone in hand, hoping that she had texted him an invite to enter her apartment while waiting but as expected, she had not.

Mieko had put on her usual thin layer of eye-darkening makeup along with her signature lip
colour Nanami had liked in a hurry. She had thrown her hair up in a professional style using a claw buckle due to her late awakening, and getting dressed was easy as she had already picked out her outfit for the interview Nanami had lined up for her.

In twenty short minutes she was ready, running out to Nanami's car, jumping in and buckling herself in. Nanami simply stared at her, not daring to take the car out of park.

"What?"
She harshly barked at the man, out of breath, still exhausted from her quick rush to get ready.

"You might wanna change into... something more comfortable."
Nanami had told the woman, making her raise her eyebrow.

"Why? It's a job interview."

"Wear something... you would wear for a hike."

Mieko flopped back into her seat, over-sighing with exaggeration, which turned into a deep throat rumble of frustration.

"Come up with me."
She eventually said, as she got out of the car, accidentally, which Nanami knew of course, slamming the door.

He sat in the driver's seat, a bit taken back by her request, though he happily took the offer.
He desperately wanted to see where Mieko lived, in hopes of sparking up a conversation about how the girl came to be.
But to his let down, come up with me, meant standing out in the hallway, and having Mieko squeeze in a thin crevice in the door before locking it. She would slip out of the door, not letting Nanami to see even a small peak inside the tiny apartment, to ask for his opinion on outfits.

The fourth one, he had told her, she looked nice in and it was suitable for the job interview they were going for together.
It wasn't until they were in the car, driving, and Mieko had plugged in her phone to charge, that she had actually looked at the time.
She bit her tongue in anger, saying at Nanami.