𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 (Extra Two)

A/N: technically an extra chapter— no Nanami in this chapter but it has important scenes to the points to come in the story which is why I don't want to label it as an extra.

THIRTY NINE (Extra Two)
-
39

THIRTY NINE (Extra Two) - 39

CHOI KWANG HO
-

"CAROLINA! SWEET JOB, BABY!"

Clyde loudly praised the woman, as he and another one of their fellow workers, a man named Koen walked down the hallway to meet up with the woman, who had just walked into the agency's building.

As the two men cowered over her in their height, Mieko rubbed her arm, glancing down at the red carpet flooring in embarrassment at their praise. After all, she didn't complete her mission in it's entirely, leaving her feeling guilty to accept the praise.
"Oh it was nothing..."

"My girl is the best, Koen! I told you so."
Clyde said with a giddy voice, he took Mieko's cheeks in his hands, squeezing them to show her  his enthusiasm, his excitement at her strength. He tried to kiss her, but she cringed pulling away from in doing so. Over his shoulder she caught a glimpse of the Curse User she was supposed to kill, but let go — Choi Kwang Ho. He walked into the building, so causally with a work bag slung against his shoulder.

Her awkwardness and uncomfortableness instantly dropped upon seeing the man, making the woman into a state where she was too shock to fight Clyde off— which gave him an opportunity to give her a quick kiss on the kiss and he do so, with a smile on his face.
"I'm so proud of you, you know?"

"W-what's he doing here!?"
She finally asked, pointing to Kwang-Ho who held a glum face as he stared cold daggers into Clyde's back.

"What are you talking about, baby?"
Clyde questioned, his voice ending in a higher pitch as his lips curved into a playful smile.
"You got him to join the agency! And bind himself to it with a curse contract!"

"Join the agency!?"
Mieko gasped into a loud scream, deeply frowning at Kwang-Ho.

Kwang-Ho closed his eyes in a content manner, as he nodded in such a way to tease the woman. He wanted to get in under her skin. He thought it was cute.

"I did no such thing!"
Mieko told Clyde.

"Don't be humble, it's me, darling! You don't have to be shy!"
Clyde smiled at Mieko. He looped his arm around her shoulder as he started to drag her down the hallway with Koen. But as he did so, as they walked down the hallway, Mieko glanced over Clyde's shoulder at Kwang Ho, mouthing to him, I'll kill you.

I welcome the challenge Kwang Ho mouthed back with a smirk that only grew at how Mieko's face screwed up in mix of frustration and disgust at the man's cockiness. But as her face disappeared behind the corridors of the agency, his smirk dropped instantly into a deadly scowl at Clyde. He absolutely hated the way he handled her.