𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

THIRTY THREE
-
33

THIRTY THREE- 33

SOBRIETY
-

ONE.

Nanami wrote down the number down in his calendar that night, despite having the sip of wine before he threw it in the lake after hearing about Mieko's mom.

TWO.
Nanami was feeding Mie Mie some food scraps of meat and fish he had laying around when he scratched out the first number of his sobriety, switching it out with the new one.

THREE.
Nanami wrote the number in his calendar when he awoke in the middle of the night. He had forgotten to change the number before he went to sleep, but having had yet another nightmare that concerned Mieko's attempt at suicide, his craving for the substance came back. But he managed to fight it off, seeing his progress written on the calendar.

FOUR.
When Suzume was over, and had seen the numbers written without any explanation she had asked Nanami what they were for.

"I have a package coming."
Nanami lied. Suzume bought it.

FIVE.
Nanami was cleaning his house, trying to get rid of the smell his addiction had left within the house. When he no longer smelt the alcoholic scent, when it was erased from the house, he changed the number on his calendar.

SIX.
SEVEN.
EIGHT.
NINE.
TEN.

ELEVEN.
Nanami was cooking dinner on the stovetop. He had his hip leaned against the cabinet, his arms crossed over his chest as a faint chuckle overcame his lips, watching the woman climb up on the counters, and stand on it, to try and play with Mie Mie, who was up on the fridge. She wrapped her arms around with the cat, and with much care and gentleness she bought the cat back down on the floor before she starting using the laser pointer, dashing it across the floor. Mieko kept giggling at the cat. Nanami let out a verbal laugh himself after Mie Mie slammed herself into a nearby chair in an attempt to get the red dot, Mieko glanced at the man before giving him a small smile of her own. It quickly dropped when she seen the calendar behind the man with the numbers written.

"What's that?"
Mieko asked, her eyes still scanning the calendar. Nanami glanced back at it himself, before he returned to cooking then their dinner.

"Um... it's how many days I've gone with a drink."
Nanami answered honestly, his gaze focused on the fried tofu he was cooking.

"What!? Nanami! You've almost went two weeks without a drink!? Why didn't you tell anyone!"
Mieko asked in a cheery tone, proud of Nanami's accomplishment. She took a few steps closer to the man, seeing his smile still remained.

It made him happy that he made her happy.

"If I say something to someone, and end having a drink I'll just disappoint them."
Nanami told the girl, his gaze not meeting hers even though he could feel her want for it to do so.