𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱

TWENTY SIX
-
26

TWENTY SIX- 26

ULTIMATUM
-

"BUT I SIMPLY COULDN'T LET

Haia wear a plain grey dress! Like my goddess can you imagine? And because I told her 'no I don't think that's a good idea' she then got upset with me and threw a cat fight! She's messy, very messy— Nanami are you even listening!?!"
Suzume hollered when she noticed Nanami's eyes start to slowly close together as she spoke about her friend's affairs.

Only upon hearing his name with such direct force, had Nanami snapped his sleepy eyes opened, straightening up his posture and wiping the corners of his mouth. He took a few short seconds staring at Suzume before figuring out what she had asked.

"Uhhhh, yeah. Yeah, I was."
Nanami barely managed to mumble, shaking the tiredness out of his body. He raised his hands to scrub his face, listening to Suzume sigh.

"I know it's more girly things, but I wish you would just listen to me."
Suzume said, playing with the ice in her glass using the straw.

She a took a sip of her drink, and Nanami took a bite of his barely eaten food as the silence between each other got replaced with the overcrowded chatter of the busy, five star restaurant. It's where they had their first date, and became their go-to place as a couple.
She refused to look at Nanami, which made him lightly scoff and stared down at his plate of food he no longer desired. He felt the quick little glances Suzume kept giving at him, before she finally leaned into the table with a seductive smile paired with a matching set of eyes.

"Soo Nanami~... how long does it take you to purpose?"
She asked, not giving the hint so subtly.

"I don't know...I haven't even thought about marriage."
Nanami mumbled, his eyes wandering back off, out into the abyss of the window, where he seen the lonesome ice cream stand in the middle of nowhere.
"Seriously? We've been together for a year and two months!"

A year and two months. Nanami scoffed very slightly, only to himself.

Suzume went on a small rant about the topic at hand, throwing out all kinds of jabs and hints at Nanami, who was already blocking out all the words she had spoken once again. He stared out the window, emptily, slowly blinking his eyes, his ears blanked out.

Nanami suddenly snapped out of his trace, reaching into his pocket, which made Suzume flinch a little at the sudden movement.

"I'm going to head home... I don't feel good."
Nanami mumbled, placing enough cash to cover the meal on the table, making Suzume scowl.

"You're just going to leave!?"
She questioned in a loud voice, disturbing a few people dinning near their table. Nanami got up, straightening his suit.