𝐓𝐰𝐨

TWO

2

SOUR ATTITUDE:

SOUR ATTITUDE:

THE OVERJOYED MEN CELEBRATED

their success, by the clinking their glasses at the rims along with a verbal, hooray amongst the loud blasting music and singing.
They then proceeded to down the shots of blissful success for the month, provided by their boss in one huddled circle, arms linked. Then, they spilt up into the created friend groups, ordering the drinks they desired.

When Nanami had finished his shot, the others had already headed back to their couches in the small karaoke room they had rented for the night for the celebration. The blonde man had slowly lowered his shot glass back down on the marble counter, glaring over at the others who conversed freely, making moves on the female workers. Nanami's eyes had followed around the room until they found Mieko who sat on a small love seat in the corner, drinking a coffee rather than any alcohol.

He tucked his hands in his slack's pockets, as he sombrely made his way over to Mieko, actively avoiding the others who tried to talk to him.
When he got to the corner, he stood bluntly in front of Mieko, who raised an curious eyebrow at him.

"May I sit here?"
Nanami asked calmly, making Mieko nod quietly as she took a sip of her coffee.

He sighed softly, sitting down in the spot next to Mieko gently, trying not to disturb her.
As he sat down, he had slightly loosened his tie, running a hand through his hair in irritation.

"These celebrations are pathetic."
Mieko distastefully spat out in disgust, Nanami glanced at her as a way of telling her to continue even if she didn't look in his direction.
"The company makes one big sale and it becomes an excuse for the idiots to get drunk."

"I lik—"

"You like me?"
Mieko questioned with a bitter tone snapping her head to make disgusted eye contact with him, only to have Nanami nod his head innocently, his hands folded politely in under the table.
"Never heard that one before, Kento."

"Well actually you never heard this one before; I like you a lot. I like that lipstick you are wearing too."
Nanami complimented the girl, slowly sitting up right from his more slouched position on the couch.

"You like my lipstick?"
"It's my favourite lipstick colour of yours."

Mieko scoffed harshly before she giggled in a mocking tone,
"Yeah right, this is a new lipstick, try again. Your smooth talking doesn't flatter me."
She spoke in a brazen tone, leaving her mouth slightly ajar when she finished the sentence.

"It's Yves Saint Laurent's Burnt Suede, the actual lipstick might be new but truth be told it's your second signature lipstick."
Nanami said nonchalant, as he pulled out a small gold lipstick tube from his blazer's pocket, placing it in Mieko's hand.

She looked taken back for a tad, before Nanami continued on,
"You left it at my house last weekend."

"Well it's not the same shade."
She teased knowing he was exactly right, making Nanami smile while her eyes were focused off in the distant,
"I know it is. The colour suits you well."

"And what about my first signature lipstick?"

"I like it too, but this colour is my favourite."

Mieko stayed seated beside Nanami, as the duo had simply stared at each other, both giving each other an unreadable expression.
It was Nanami who broke the eye contact, as he played it off by rubbing his face in a stressful manner.

"Hey Nanami! Come sing this song with me!"
A fellow co-worker had called towards the man as he stood by the karaoke machine, as the music had started to bump through the small room.

Kento Nanami had sighed, shrugging his shoulders towards Mieko, who nodded him off as if she was displeased with him once again.
Nanami had gotten up, singing the romantic, typical-love song with his co-worker, who sung drunkenly horrible, slurring his words. Nanami, only tipsy, sang the lyrics quite well for a man who hadn't took singing lessons. He do so, all while staring at Mieko with a special twinkle in his eye he had only for her.
Mieko simply watched him make a fool out of himself, as she held into the the golden lipstick tube for dear life.

After that night, Mieko had started to wear that very same lipstick more than she wore her first signature lipstick shade, for no apparent reason, as she would tell Nanami when he noticed in the near future to come.

But for now in this moment, as he stared so lovely at her from the small height difference; Nanami realized he could read the sour, cold woman like an open book.
It was easy to, once you figured out how to get past the "get lost!"