𝐄𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

EIGHT

8

FOOL FOR YOU

FOOL FOR YOU

"HEY MIEKO, WHAT ARE YOU

Writing about over there?"
Nanami had asked playfully, as he leaned over his desk, inching closer towards Mieko's, where he watched her continuously type on her laptop, filling out a report.

Her eyes had never left the screen since the moment she had started to type, the only time she had stopped her typing, was to correct a mistake, before she continued yet again. The longest time she had stopped her work, was to tie her hair up into a ponytail to avoid her hair getting in the way of her efficiency, which only made her produce more work.

She shot him a mean glare over the screen to where he sat at his own computer, before she sighed heavily and rested her chin on her hand, reading out loud.

"And so, concerning the unidentified Special Grade cursed spirit, Kento Nanami proved himself to be utterly useless as the Grade One sorcerer had his flat ass butt saved by a rookie Grade Four sorcerer, Yuji Itadori. As a Special Grade One sorcerer I order Kento Nanami to two hour sessions for three weeks, of training with Special Grade Sorcerer, Gojo Satoru, so the man who looks like he's dying from the inside out, yet somehow only twenty-nine years old, sorcerer can finally learn how to use domain expansion."

"Wow."
Nanami breathed out, playing along with the long ass, time consuming joke Mieko had just made.
"That's just cruel. My butt is not that flat."

"Okay, pancake."
Mieko giggled while she finished the last sentences of the true, final report, and sent it off to the higher ups.

As Nanami stayed silent to the remark, Mieko slowly leaned back into the office chair she sat at, sighing heavily.
Nanami passed her a glance over at her slouched position, admiring how effortlessly beautiful she was to him despite being in dirty work clothes paired with some old sneakers, her hair tied up messily, her makeup wasn't done in the most prim and proper way, she clearly rushed at it in the morning, and yet nothing would change how he viewed her.
As he stared at her, she also passed a glance at him.

"You know, it still feels like I'm your assistant."
She mumbled, swinging herself around in the desk chair, staring at the ceiling broodingly.

"You don't like being my assistant?"
Nanami asked.

Mieko thought for a moment,
"I guess it's not too bad."

"Good, cause' I was going to ask you to run to my house. My glasses have a crack in them. You know where the extras are."
Nanami politely demanded, handing Mieko his pair of sunglasses.

She held them up to the light, trying to find the said crack he was talking about, and when she did, she glanced back at him, her mouth slightly opened.
She watched him with a curious face, as he ran his hand through his blonde locks, sighing while he did so, emphasizing his strong facial features. He passed a quick look back at her, through his slender brown eyes, exaggerated by faint eye bags, and furrowed his thin eyebrows.