𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨

TWENTY TWO
-
22

TWENTY TWO- 22

GOJO CLAN
-

"ARE YOU ALRIGHT NOW?"

"...for now."
Mieko inaudibly and emptily mumbled in Nanami's wet shoulder, her hands tracing random shapes on his back, as a method of comforting herself, rather than him.

"Everyone's waiting to see you."
Nanami told her, his face buried in her shoulder as well, as he sat on the hospital bed with her.

"Whose everyone?"
"Utahime, Kiyotaka, Gojo, Clyde, and Anna and Johnny."

Mieko thought quietly for a moment, shuffling herself into Nanami more. She leaned up against his ear, her chin rested on his neck as she whispered,
"Can you tell them to leave?"

"Most definitely."
Nanami started to get up but Mieko stopped him by hugging into him tighter.

"Just a few more minutes.."
"Alright."

When the few minutes were over, said so by Mieko, she still hung onto Nanami until the bitter end. She hugged him closely until he got off the bed, and when he was off the bed she held onto his hand until his distance could no longer allow it. He looked back at Mieko in her bed before he left the room, watching at how glum she sat still, her eyes empty and emotionless as she stared at the ever so blank, white sheets.

He headed back out to the siting room, where Anna and Christopher, who showed up unannounced, got up instantly upon seeing Nanami walk out.
Anna started to march her way to Mieko's room, however Nanami stepped in front of her pathway, stopping her as he hovered over her.

"She wants to be alone."
He said lowly.

"I don't care, she's my daughter, move!"
Anna bickered back.

"She told me to tell you all to leave."
"Are you deaf? I just said I don't care!"

"For fuck sakes, Anna!"
Nanami eventually screamed out in frustration, as he shook his hands in accordance to his said frustration.
"She doesn't want to see you, or you, nor you, you, you, she wants to see nobody!"
Nanami continued, as he pointed around the waiting room at the various people awaiting Mieko's awakening.

"I don't know if you forgot but she's missing three years of her life! In her head, you guys haven't talked in years. Not to mention she just lost her son and her husband in a way!"
Nanami hollered his eyebrows furrowed angrily at Anna.

She simply scoffed.
"Move. I'll decide what best for my child."

"She's a twenty-four year old woman, she'll decide what best for herself."
Nanami muttered, watching as Anna screwed her face up in a way that told him he struck a nerve.
"And quite honestly, I don't think you ever made a best decision for Mieko."