𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐰𝐨

Another 4000 word chapter, but in my defence it also has a lot of Nanami and Mieko in it :)

THIRTY TWO
-
32

THIRTY TWO- 32

RECOVERY

"WHAT HAPPENED TO MIEKO?"

Johnny asked the two men as the entered the house, helping the woman up the stairs. Gojo let go of her, as Myeong Ho continued to bring Mieko to her bedroom.

"Something happen at work?"
Johnny asked again, setting down his book. He  walked over to the staircase, that Gojo now stood on, leaning over the railing down at the man. Johnny looked up the stairs, trying to catch another glimpse of Mieko's injuries.

"No. Not really."
Gojo simply said, not wishing to get into the details of the situation.

"Something happened at Nanami's house."
Myeong Ho casually mentioned while stumbling down the stairs, breathing out harshly. He didn't seem to like the man he mentioned.

"What happened at Nanami's house!?"
Johnny quickly responded in concern.

"He was drunk again."
Gojo said, making Johnny sigh and place his hands on his hips.

"Holding onto that man is doing her more damage than good."
Johnny mumbled, shaking his head.

"Well, what do you expect? She only moved here for him."
Myeong Ho shrugged, taking a seat on the couch.
"She'll probably want to move soon."

"You know what we need to do?"
Gojo excitedly asked the two men, with wide eyes despite being hidden behind his blindfold. They gave him a questionable look at the same time.
"Let's get her a date. Doesn't have to be Mr. Perfect, just someone to break the ice to get her back into dating."

-

Over the next few days that had passed, Nanami was once again absent from work. His absence started to take a toll on the agency that the higher-ups could no longer afford to lose. They held a meeting one day, that Mieko ended up having to attend. She tried to respectfully and politely decline their suggestion of removing Nanami from the agency, though the fact Gojo approved of their decision didn't help her case. It was decided the next time Nanami walked in the building, he would be fired.

The day came when Nanami had walked into his office, where Mieko was already working at her desk. When she heard the door open, she instantly got up, and stood in front of Nanami before he could even close the door. He shut the door, his gaze following up towards the woman's body, until he stopped at her face. Her bangs were pushed off her forehead, held up by clip he could see the five stitches she had to get from the earlier incident. Guilt instantly consumed him.

"Mieko, I really am so—"

"The higher-ups are getting ready to fire you."
Mieko bluntly stated. Nanami's face dropped.
"I don't blame them, but I don't necessarily agree with how they're going about it either. So, I'm just giving you a heads up."