𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

THREE

3

YOU WANNA BE MY SPECIAL ONE;

IT WAS ONE DAY,

When all the seductive glances and sexual-tuned words had turned into resentful glares and whispered secrets amongst the men.
Nanami noticed it, and he swears he's sure she had seen it too, though Mieko pretended not to let it bother her. The way the men had perceived her, made Nanami grit his teeth together in pure anger.
Maybe he could've done something, like tell the boss or even take it to corporate, but heavily he sighed as he sat in his office, knowing it was in her best interest if she dealt with it.

After all, he thought he knew why the men had such a sudden turn in opinions on the woman, though he was wrong.
The boss's assistant had knocked on the wooden door belonged to Nanami and Mieko's secluded office, entering without any approval from either of the duo.

"Mieko, the boss wants you in his office. Now, preferably."
She had told Mieko before swiftly leaving the small room with the door still left-opened for the called upon woman.

Mieko had gotten up, gathering a few books and other various objects while walking around her desk. She slung her purse over her shoulder, turning her attention to Nanami.

"Wish me luck!"

"Good luck...?"
Nanami slightly questioned, as he became confused for the reasoning Mieko had to go to the boss's office.

When Mieko left, closing the door, Nanami sat in the utter silence, scrolling through needed websites and signing off certain papers before he slowly came to a stop at his work, sighing.
He wondered, if Mieko was making a complaint about himself. He couldn't see a reason for her to do so, though the thought and worry was there.

He tried to shake it off, continuing his work but was interrupted by the assistant knocking at the door despite just entering without a go-ahead.

"Nanami, the boss would like you in his office."
And his heart sank.

"T..thanks, Kaori"

"No problem."

Nanami sat in his chair, anxiously biting the inside of his lip and peeling back skin as he awkwardly ran the situation through his head in preparation. He spun in his chair in a short semi-circle, before he jumped up and left the office while he still had the courage to.

Nanami entered the boss's office after he got approval from the man himself to open the door.
The moment Nanami entered in the room, he instantly noticed Mieko's sobbing, trying to wipe away her tears with a brooding face.