𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

ELEVEN

11

BETTING ON LOVE

BETTING ON LOVE

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING

kidding me!"
Utahime whined out loudly in ultimate defeat, as swinging the luggage she had on her shoulder onto the ground while she growled in annoyance. Already exhausted from the shifting connecting flights, two delayed flights, and the time difference between New York and Tokyo, to see they were given a crappy hotel room was the icing on the cake for her to into a spiral of frustration.

"Awe man! The typical 'not-enough-beds' cliche! Turns out the old man really does know what he's doing!"
Gojo happily shouted out. The twenty eight year old man ran towards one of the the three white spreadsheet beds, jumping onto it stomach first just like a child, claiming the middle bed.

Ijichi and Utahime had started to place their bags in corners they've claimed in the hotel room, while Nanami and Mieko stayed close to the door in the small hallway. Nanami glanced back at Mieko, her face showing no emotion, her mouth in her usual unreadable straight line, though eventually she let out a little sigh of frustration with closed eyes, exhausted from the nineteen-hour flight with two-five hour stops, and one three-hour one.

The trip was long and exhausting and had worn everyone out, the small inconvenience with the room situation had irritated everyone, though Nanami could tell that for her, there was a more emotional exhaustion to Mieko's tiredness and jet leg. He loved the girl dearly and wanted to ease whatever she was going through on top of this current mission down.

"I can share a bed with Gojo or Kiyotaka. I can even take the couch. You don't have to sha—"
Nanami tried suggesting to the woman, knowing she was more than likely unimpressed with the current situation, but the door to the hotel room had shut quietly, making him take a glance behind him, Mieko had left the room.

Kiyotaka was too busy trying to figure out where he'd sleep, and Gojo and Utahime was too busy arguing-flirting with one another to notice Mieko had slipped out, nor did they notice when Nanami followed her.
He opened the door and entered the hallway of the hotel, where he leaned against the wall opposite to the one Mieko also leaned her back against, her phone to her ear.

She passed Nanami an annoyed glare, making him shrug and give her a playful grin, his eyes not leaving her defensive stance not once.
He stared at her while she waited for the person she was calling to answer, and he tapped his foot melodically. His mind wander about what was making her so exhausted, what made her leave the meeting room earlier, what was making her so anxious about being in New York, but of course, he did not know and she did not tell him.

In the small hallway, with little distance between the two, he could hear the faint, static voice saying hello? Whose this? into Mieko's ear. Her face almost instantly changed, into a deep frown