𝟐: 𝐝𝐢𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"Dada," Prince babbled as he clapped his hands. He's been speaking coherent words lately which in all honesty makes me overjoyed. The only problem about his newfound speech abilities is that he calls everyone 'Dada'.

Paris began to whimper, causing me to frown.

"What's wrong princess?" I cooed while picking her up. I tried to quiet her with constant rocking and petting but to no avail. Just as I was about to call for help, Debbie came bursting in.

"She's just hungry," Debbie mentioned. "Here."

"Thank you," I say as I take the warm bottle of formula milk out of her hand. As I fed my newborn, I felt a cold hand run across my back. I swiftly moved away knowing exactly what was going on.

"Michael-"

"Not now Debbie," I gritted lowly. "I'm feeding Paris."

"When will it be then? You never let me touch you!" she shouted. This caused Prince to giggle for some odd reason. I chuckled along with my child but of course, Debbie didn't find the humor in it.

I only married Debbie for the sake of having children; nothing more or less. We came to this agreement over time and the opportunity presented itself quite patently. However, our bond has become rocky ever since she confessed to being in love with me. My love for Debbie is equivalent to my love for an old friend; platonic. I do of course care for her, being that she helped create these beautiful children I have today but... that's as far as my 'love' goes for her.

"Debbie, you know why I married you," I stated flatly.

"But I thought that you'd fall in love with me by now,"she mumbled.

"I-I'm sorry," I said before placing Paris in her crib. She was fast asleep and I gently placed a kiss on her cheek. Debbie stormed out of the room, leaving me to dwell in my own thoughts.

I've given up on love a long time ago and right now, love is definitely not what I'm looking for. I know it's a complete contrast from the songs that I sing and write but I can't help but feel like a fool for falling in love. The last time I was truly in love, my heart was left in shambles.

"Mr. Jackson," I heard a familiar voice call. I turned around and saw one of my trusted maids, Fran. "Lance is on the line."

"Thank you," I say as I make my way to my office. I quickly grabbed the phone to speak. "Jackson."

"Hey, I was just letting you know that there's a few more vocals we need to record for Unbreakable. How soon can you make it down to Santa Monica?"