𝟐𝟗: 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

𝐌𝐚𝐲 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟗 || 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 - 𝐔𝐂𝐋𝐀 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐔𝐂𝐋𝐀 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐂𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

❦❦❦

"She hasn't left the room since we got here," I informed Yasmine while letting out a long sigh. "I don't think she's going to think about leaving until Mel wakes up."

"I think she's blaming herself for all of this," Yasmine voiced while shaking her head. "She'd always tell me how she feels like it's her fault for everything that's happened, including Mel's first overdose. That's too much weight for someone to carry."

"I can understand that... she's been meaning ask about how Braden is doing. She wanted to go over to see him but she just won't leave this room," I uttered before letting out a yawn.

"Braden's doing good actually, my parents love him. They don't mind keeping him but he's been worried about Mel and Amaya. It... feels wrong to keep this from him but how do you explain to an eight year-old that his sister..."

"Yeah I understand," I nodded. I unintentionally let out yet another yawn which caused Yasmine to raise a brow.

"Mike, when was the last time you got some proper rest?"

I scratched the back of my neck and shrugged my shoulders. Sleep was a distant memory for me being that I simply just couldn't. I'd go home after visiting hours here and while laying in bed, I can only think about Amaya and how much I longed to have her next to me.

I came to the conclusion that I just can't sleep without having her by my side.

"Don't worry about me," I shooed with my hand. "I'm alright."

"And the kids? How are they?" she inquired.

"Drivin' me insane," I chuckled while thinking about Prince and Paris. "They've been really chatty lately and all they want to do is talk. I love it though, it's adorable. But... with that comes with them being able to ask questions."

"Such as?"

"Where's MyMy?" I mocked. "Why can't I have MyMy?"

"So the kids miss her too," Yasmine let out a small sigh. "Alright, I'll see what I can do to get her out of here. At least for a bit so she can visit Braden and the kids."

"Thank you," I sadly smiled. "Because she's stubborn and doesn't listen to me."

We both entered the room, causing Amaya's head to raise from Mel's bedside. A small, tired smile rested on her face as she looked at us. Yasmine placed the bouquet of flowers next to the rest of the flowers and balloons Mel had received and took a seat next to Amaya.