𝟑𝟏: 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭, 𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟗 || 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚, 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

❦❦❦

"Amaya Montgomery, will you marry me?"

My life was at a standstill and as I sat with my hand in Michael's, I was shellshocked. Marriage was something I never imagined for myself, it was always a fun fantasy that would dance around in my mind. However, Michael was proposing to me right here and right now.

This is far more than a mere fantasy.

I knew in my heart that I wanted to be with Michael for the rest of my life but I wasn't sure if he wanted to the same. He's been through two marriages and he'd always tell me the hell he was put through while being in them. However, one day while passing by a bridal shop he mentioned how he always wanted to have a huge wedding. Innocently, I told him that we could have a big wedding and he smiled at the idea.

As I uncovered my mouth and attempted to speak, nothing but air escaped my lips. Instead, I vigorously nodded and raised out of my seat.

"Y-Yes?" Michael cheerfully smiled as he slid the ring onto my finger.

"Yes!" I shouted, my voice finally becoming audible. Tears uncontrollably streamed down my cheek as Michael raised up from his position. Everyone began to cheer and clap as he pulled me in for a kiss to solidify our engagement. After pulling away from our kiss, everyone bombarded us with hugs.

"Girl let me see this ring," Yasmine grabbed ahold of my hand, taking in the shiny emerald cut ring that sat on my finger. "Michael how much did this cost?"

"Yasmine you're still as smart mouthed as ever," my dad shook his head while chuckling. "You're not supposed to ask a man a question like that."

"It's alright," Michael raised his hand. "It was a little less than half a million."

My father nearly choked on the beverage he was drinking and as I looked around, everyone grew wide eyed. I looked down at the emerald cut ring and scrunched my face up in bewilderment.

"A-Are you serious?! Michael Joseph Jackson, why would you-"

"Because you're worth more than a half million dollar ring," he answered genuinely. "I knew it would look pretty on your finger too so, there's that."

I gave him a light shove before embracing him yet again, whispering countless thank you's. I spent time with my family and friends before heading up to Neverland with Michael and the children.