𝟒: 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"Joker?" a familiar voice called. "Please don't tell me your drowning yourself in work to avoid Debbie again."

I looked up and saw that it was Bill, my former bodyguard and longtime close friend. I sucked my teeth and continued filing the forms that were spread across my desk.

"That's exactly what I'm doing," I snickered. "Bill I can't be in the same room as her without her trying to seduce me. It's driving me nuts! I... I think it's time Bill."

I've been contemplating on getting a divorce for quite some time now but never went through with it. The process could be grueling being that we have children in the middle of this but I'm willing to go the extra mile.

"I've been thinking the same thing as well," he shook his head. "Your intentions on marrying her were good at the time but now, it seems unreasonable. You've never been so adamant about this though, is there a woman you're not telling me about?"

My thoughts drifted to the hazel eyed girl that I met at the café the other night. I was hoping that she'd call me the night I gave her my number but unfortunately, she didn't. But, I don't know why she came to my mind at the mention of a 'new woman' being in my life.

"No, Bill I'm not lookin' for anything."

"It's awfully late, I'll swing by tomorrow if you're free," Bill said as he waved.

"I always have time for you Bill, see you tomorrow."

I got up from my desk and exited my study, being sure to turn off the lights. My children were asleep and I assumed my maids were too considering that it was midnight. I walked to my room and sighed as I collapsed on the bed, exhausted from today's activities. I had a recording session with Lance yesterday and I felt bad about not having written much for the album. I just haven't been inspired lately but Lance understood.

The sound of my phone ringing startled me a bit, making me sit up. Who could be calling at this hour? I hesitantly picked up the phone and answered.

"Jackson."

"Hi," a shy, familiar voice spoke. "I-I read your note on the um... paper you gave me. The autograph. You said I could call you whenever I needed to talk to someone and right about now I could use a friend."

"Amaya," I whispered.

"Yes, you remembered my name," she giggled.

How could I forget? Those memorable eyes and facial features made it hard for me to forget anything about her.

"Of course I remembered," I smiled. "Anyway, are you alright?"

"Oh, yeah! I'm great," she said nervously. "I just wanted to talk to someone is all."