𝟐𝟎: 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

I didn't confront Lisa last night.

Instead, I pretended everything was normal for the sake of keeping my sanity. Discovering that she lied to me yet again had already made me feel foolish but it's what she lied about that truly makes my skin crawl.

How does one lie about dying?

I knew that Lisa had her tendencies with being vile but this? This was beyond disgusting. Every inch of sympathy I had for her dissipated and my feelings toward her have gone from slightly bitter to completely sour. I called and invited her over today so that I could address her lies and manipulation because Lord knows if I did so yesterday, I would've ended up being a bit too disrespectful.

"Mr. Jackson," Fran called, snapping me out of my daze. "Are you feeling okay? You look as if you've seen a ghost."

"I'm fine," I reassured her with a tight lipped smile. "Just a bit lost in though, I guess."

"O-Oh," she stammered. "By the way, Ms. Presley is here to see you."

Perfect.

I smiled at her and as she escorted Lisa in, I noticed that she had on the sparkling diamond wedding band I had gotten her back in '94. My smile immediately faltered and she gave me a devilish smirk.

"Hey baby," she said while walking over to hug me. I swiftly stepped back from her and shook my head while holding my hands up. "Well someone's in a bad mood. What's wrong?"

"You tell me, Lisa. What's wrong with you?" Her body language changed, displaying that my tone of voice made her uncomfortable. The devilish smirk that was on her face soon faded into a small frown.

"Excuse me?" she snapped. "What's with the attitude?"

"You've been lying to me all this time, haven't you?" I asked calmly.

"Lying? What are you talking about?" she nervously chuckled.

"Now I know for certain that you lied about Amaya threatening you too. It all makes sense now," I sarcastically chuckled to myself while shaking my head.

"Wait, is that what this is about? For the love of God-"

"Don't say his name in vain! Especially when you're such a conniving, evil woman," I shouted while walking closer to her.