𝟑𝟎: 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞, 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐲𝐞𝐬

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟗 || 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚, 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

❦❦❦

A month has passed since Melissa's overdose and although she claims to be doing just fine in rehab, I could hear the struggle within her voice.

"I wish I could be there," Mel's voice cracked subtly. "I really didn't want to miss your graduation-"

"Don't beat yourself up about it Mel. I promise to visit and send pictures, alright?"

"Times up!" I heard of the female staff members shout, causing me to wince.

"That's my cue," Melissa groaned. "I'll call you tomorrow."

"And I'll be right here to answer."

"I-I love you Amaya. Thank you... for everything."

My lips slightly parted at her confession but I immediately regained my composure.

"I love you too."

The clicking sound of our call ending made my heart drop and I was left with a sickening pit of anxiety within my stomach. I tossed my cellphone onto my bed and faced toward my full body mirror, being sure to analyze my graduation attire. The doctoral regalia was something that I had dreamed of wearing and ironically, this dream is bittersweet.

"MyMy!" Prince shouted as he bursted into my room.

"Hi sweetie," I cooed before giving him a warm hug. "Where's your sister?"

"In there," he pointed at the living room. I walked into the living room and sure enough, she was asleep in Adam's arms.

"I'm sorry," I whispered before taking Paris into my own arms, being careful not to wake her. "How was their doctor's visit?"

"It went very well, they're as healthy as can be."

"Thanks again for taking them, I really do appreciate you."

"You're very welcome, Ms. Amaya."

"Um... have you heard anything from Michael?"

Adam's smirk swiftly faded before he shook his head, causing every ounce of excitement I had to diminish. I haven't spoken to Michael since he left for his MJ & Friends tour rehearsals, which was about three days ago. Today, well technically last night, was his first official show and I wanted to wish him good luck but unfortunately, I didn't have any way of contacting him.