𝟑𝟓: 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

NINE YEARS LATER...

Listen to 'Someone Put Your Hand Out - Live at the O2, London' by Michael Jackson (Song above )

Listen to 'Someone Put Your Hand Out - Live at the O2, London' by Michael Jackson (Song above ➶)

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗 || 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐛𝐥𝐲 𝐇𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐬,
𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

My heart...

As I laid in the California King sized bed, I could feel my heart sinking. Something was off; completely. I could feel myself regaining consciousness, awaking from the deep sleep that I was in the previous night.

"Good morning sleepy head," a familiar voice called out to me. "Daddy, wake up! Dr. Mommy needs you to be awake!"

"P-Paris? Sweetheart, shouldn't you be-"

"In school?" yet another familiar voice had questioned. "We didn't go today because we were worried about you."

"Prince..." I found the energy to mumble.

"Blanket is still in bed because he's lazy," Paris teased. My eyes had finally adjusted to the light and the moment I turned my head, the two dashed up to the bed and hugged me.

"Alright guys," a lovely, soft voice said. My eyes immediately flickered up toward the door and I smiled uncontrollably at the sight of my wife in scrubs. "Let's give dad some space. I'll call you guys back in here when I finish treating him."

"You promise mom?" the two questioned in unison.

"I promise."

Amaya shut the door and gave me a small smile before pecking my lips. I could feel my heartbeat growing rapid as her hand reached for my heart. She then let out a small giggle and grabbed her stethoscope, making sure to record my heartbeat.

"You know every time I touch you, your heart rate jumps," she smirked at me.

"Hm I wonder why," I rasped out. "Baby, I have this... sinking feeling in my heart. I don't know what it is but... I feel like something bad was supposed to happen to me."

And this aching feeling prolonged throughout the day. Although Amaya tried reassuring me that nothing was wrong, it was hard for me to believe that it was all in my head.

"You feeling okay? Baby, your reports came back completely spotless. You're fine but if you wanna take a day or two to rest I can call Kenny," she said before planted a kiss onto my lips. "The kids were only worried because you didn't tuck them last night. I let them stay home today to ease their minds, I hope that's okay with you."

"Yeah, it's fine baby. So, you sure I'm clear?"

"More than sure," she smiled at me before placing yet another kiss onto my lips. However, this time she let it linger for a few seconds. "I'd never let you step foot on a stage without you being or feeling good."

This Is It.

The name of my last set of concerts that are planned to be held in London. I've been working on this project for the past few months now and thankfully, I was about to see my work in all its glory in a few weeks.

Instructed by AEG, I was told that I had to have an active doctor who would provide me with the utmost care. A doctor by the name of Conrad Murray, someone whom I've come across in my past, excitedly offered to be that person. However, Amaya knew of his medical work and deemed it to be dangerous and unethical. She immediately stepped down from her position medical director in order to be my personal doctor.

I couldn't be more grateful.

By the end of the night, the odd and doomed feeling that pooled within me was nothing more than that- a dumb feeling. As I sat at the dinner table with my three beautiful children and my heaven sent wife, I knew that she saved me from whatever horrid reality I could've possibly faced.

𝐉𝐮𝐥𝐲 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗 || 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐧, 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝 - 𝐎𝟐 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚

𝐎𝟐 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐚

❦❦❦

"I love you!"

The first concert of my This Is It tour was finally coming to an end. There was one more song that I needed to perform, a song that I just couldn't dream of not singing in dedication to my wife.

"Sparkles," I said into the microphone as I looked up at the skyline suite where my children and Amaya were. "This one's for you."

The instrumental to Someone Put Your Hand Out blared throughout the arena's speakers, causing the fans to cheer and applaud.

I sang my heart out, making sure to convey every feeling I had felt to her. I couldn't see her expression but I knew in my heart that she felt every bit of love that I was giving her through my voice.

Thank you, Amaya.

Thank you for being my healer.