𝟑𝟐: 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧' 𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐧' 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

ONE YEAR LATER....

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟎 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 - 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐘𝐧𝐞𝐳 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

𝐘𝐧𝐞𝐳 𝐕𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐂𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐇𝐨𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥

❦❦❦

"Dr. Montgomery?" I heard a familiar voice call as I slowly looked up from the endless stack paperwork I had to sign. "Dr. Reynolds would like to see you, he says its urgent."

I rolled my eyes in sheer frustration, trying my best to keep my composure as I raised out of my seated position.

"Hm," I hummed in annoyance. "You know Benji, I just left his office a minute ago and I find it funny how he needs me again."

"H-Hey don't shoot the messenger," he raised a hand in defense while trying to uphold his framed glasses. "I just have to do-"

"- as he says, I know," I voiced monotonously. "I'm never going to finish this paperwork on time."

I thought that life would be sunshine and daisies after graduation. I earned my degree in Biochemistry, reunited with my father whom I haven't seen in years, I even fell in love and got engaged to the King of Pop. One might think that my life would've already had it's fairytale ending by now.

"IN MY OFFICE NOW MONTGOMERY!"

Nope, I'm no where near my fairytale ending.

"See?" Benji whispered before giving a head nod toward Dr. Reynold's office.

Getting into UC Riverside Medical School was easy being that my MCAT score exceeded their expectations. The school wasn't my first choice but I felt that it fit what I was looking for in terms of academic process. Also, the school offered me a paid internship on the spot for having such a high MCAT score. Luckily, the hospital that I'm interning at is less than twenty minutes away from my fiancé's home.

"I asked Benji to call you two minutes ago," Dr. Reynolds stated without bothering to look up from his clipboard.

"Right," I nodded. "Is there anything you need?"

"Yes actually," he finally looked up from his clipboard, his piercing blue eyes staring into my hazel ones. "I need you to help me with this patient, her name is Angelina Vazquez and she's been having unbearable stomach pains since she's been admitted. No one quite knows what's wrong with her, we've given her a series of tests and yet... nothing seems to be the issue."