𝟕: 𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐲

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟑𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐄𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐨, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 - 𝐇𝐚𝐲𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝

❦❦❦

"Hey mother," I greeted as I kissed her cheek.

"Don't you 'hey mother' me boy! When was the last time you stopped by to say hello?" she scolded. I shyly shrugged and she shook her head. "And how are my grandbabies?"

"They're fine mother," I nervously laughed. "I'm sorry about not visiting sooner. Things have been pretty hectic these past few weeks."

"I know baby, I'm just messin' around," she said before rubbing my back. "I'm sorry about the divorce."

Me and Debbie's divorce made headlines immediately after we anonymously announced it. Of course, they mentioned Amaya being the reason behind it all but my publicist cleared up that aspect of it.

"It's alright. I'm more worried about how Debbie's taking it."

"Is she doin' alright?"

"I assume so. Whenever she stops by to see Prince and Paris, she seems okay."

"And what about that young woman you were out with? How is she doing?"

My eyes shot up to my mother's and she gave me a knowing look. I couldn't possibly tell her about Amaya, not yet. She'll definitely get the wrong idea and I didn't want my mother thinking I cheated on Debbie.

"She's well," I cleared my throat. "She's just a friend mother, I promise. The timing is just-"

"Off?" she finished. I nodded and she smiled at me. "I know sweetheart but is there somethin' goin' on between you two?"

"Nothing," I shook my head. "Amaya is just a good friend."

"Amaya, huh," mother slowly nodded.

I mentally palmed my face for disclosing her name so casually. Could I be any more stupid?

"New topic," I said as I looked around the living room of my old home. "I see you changed a few things around here."

"Now you know better than to change the subject on me like that," she laughed. "But seriously, what's the deal with this new girl?"

"Nothing mother, I promise she's just a friend."

"Mhm," she hummed. "Don't lie to me boy."