𝟏𝟏: 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐝

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟔𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"Just in! Mistress' face revealed: Jackson and secret lover take over Nobu," I read out loud to Yasmine over the phone. Tabloids have been going insane and it hasn't even been a full twenty four hours since me and Michael went out to lunch. The moment I woke up, Yasmine was calling me nonstop, telling me to check all of the gossip channels there was.

People fell in love with my face instantly. 'Stunning' and 'beautiful' is what pretty much all tabloids have called me, claiming that I'm 'too beautiful' to be with Michael. The main question everyone was dying to know: What does this young lady see in a man like him? Thankfully, no one swiftly assumed that I was a gold digger because it honestly didn't make any sense. If I was one, I would've definitely rocked the newest Gucci collection in these pictures instead of an outfit I got on the clearance rack at Burlington.

I didn't think that going outside without shades and a mask would effect everything so drastically but unfortunately, it did. Gosh, why am I so stupid? I'm currently watching a gossip channel that's comparing me to Michael's rumored girlfriend's and ex-wives.

This is truly disgusting.

But sadly, this is what sells. This is what people live for and I'm sure as I speak, those gossip magazines with mine and Michael's face on it are flying off the shelves.

"Okay you're right, it does sound bad but you and I both know that you're not his mistress," she tried to comfort me. "And hey, at least they think you're pretty! Didn't Cosmopolitan say that you were more than welcome to reach out to them for a modeling gig?"

"Fuck Cosmopolitan! I don't want to be a model and even if I did, this definitely isn't the way to go about it. Geez, why is this so draining? Me and Michael aren't even romantically involved."

"Yet,"she emphasized . "You're not romantically involved yet."

"Hush, I told you he doesn't see me that way," I rolled my eyes playfully. "We're just friends Yas."

"Mhm," she hummed. "Sure. Friends don't kiss each other on the forehead every chance they get."

"Well we do! It's just a symbol of our affection, it's completely harmless."

In truth, his forehead kisses were completely harmless but they definitely made my heart falter. I never thought that such a simple gesture could send my protective walls around my heart tumbling down. Right now, my heart was his for the taking and I was willingly letting it all happen. I didn't understand why but it was fun having feelings for someone when they didn't know. It was exciting for me being that this was my first time feeling all of these interesting emotions but I couldn't help but wonder...