𝟏𝟔: 𝐭𝐰𝐨-𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐝

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"Ms. Amaya and her guest has arrived sir," Fran informed me.

"Thank you, Fran."

I had asked Amaya if it would be okay to have dinner with Lisa being that she wanted to meet her. Amaya happily agreed but only on the terms of her having Yasmine by her side.

"Sir, I know this might be overstepping but... I know you don't have feelings for Lisa. You love Amaya, don't you?"

My attention immediately snapped to older woman and she gave me a small smile. I chuckled and dropped my head, eventually nodding.

I love Amaya.

It was something that I already knew but didn't tell anyone. If I'm being honest with myself, I fell in love with her the moment I saw her at the café that night.

"Don't tell anyone," I pleaded. "I-I just thought I was doing the right thing."

"Well, the right thing to do would be to listen to what your heart is telling you. I-I saw you two the last time she came here. You guys were inseparable and you looked so in love."

"She doesn't feel the same way. I just know she doesn't," I mumbled while looking down at my loafers.

"I beg to differ. That young woman's eyes lights up when she sees you," she smiled warmly.

"I don't know..."

"Tell her before it's too late, Mr. Jackson," the older woman said sweetly before walking out of my study room. I adjusted my cuff links and as I was doing so, a cold hand touched me.

"Baby," Lisa cooed. "Let's go downstairs, I heard that they're here."

I nodded and as I walked down the steps, my heart felt so heavy. I kept thinking about what Fran told me which made me worry a great deal.

Tell her before it's too late.

I tucked her words into the back of my mind and let out a quiet sigh before-

Dear God.

"Hi Michael," Amaya voiced while waving.

She wore a skin tight black dress that hugged her petite body beautifully. Not only that, the dress was short; very short. Her curly hair was now bone straight, gracefully falling down to her tailbone. She wore black stiletto heels that made her taller but still shorter than me. I noticed that her beautiful face was lightly touched up with makeup but thankfully, it didn't cover those breathtaking freckles that I fell in love with. What made me the happiest was seeing the gold locket I had gotten her for her birthday sitting elegantly on her neck.