𝟓: 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨

𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐞 𝟐𝟎𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"How can I help you?" I rasped tiredly. I was working a double shift, as I did every Friday. Thankfully, the café was closing in ten minutes and I could finally catch a break. I looked over at my best friend whom still hasn't said a word to me since our last conversation and sighed.

"Just a mocha cappuccino," the man ordered. He gave me a small smile and I returned one. I swiftly walked to the counter and placed his order on the needle for it to be prepared. "Thanks Amaya."

"H-How do you know my name?" I questioned with a raised brow.

"Your name tag," he pointed at my shirt.

I mentally face palmed myself. Yeah, I definitely need to take a break.

"Sorry," I whispered.

"Rough day?" he questioned.

"Yeah," I smiled. "I'm sorry if I'm a bit out of it."

"No worries. It's kinda late anyway."

A sudden ring of a bell caused me to jump a bit and I turned around, seeing Yasmine hold the young man's order in her hands.

"One mocha cappuccino with a side of flirtation," Yasmine snarked. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the order from her and gave the man his coffee.

"Thank you," he said with a smirk. He paid Yasmine at checkout and said goodbye to the both of us.

"You always have guys in here flirtin' with you," she shook her head. I gave her a knowing look and smiled.

"No one was flirting with anyone, Yas. It's all in your head. Anyway, you're speaking to me now?"

"That depends," she shrugged. "Are you gonna talk to Ms. Wendy about those bills?"

I bit my bottom lip and looked down at my worn in work shoes. I didn't want to lie to her and technically, I wasn't going to. I do plan on speaking to my mother about the bills but I already knew the outcome of my proposal.

"Yeah, I told you I would," I said simply. I didn't want to go into detail so I kept my answer plain. She gave me a warm smile and hugged me tightly.

"I missed you chica."

"I missed you more, idiot."