𝟏𝟐: 𝐧𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐦𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"...down came the sun and dried up all the rain and the itsy bitsy spider went up the spout again," Amaya sang sweetly. I was peaking in on her spending time with Prince and I prayed that she didn't take notice of me.

"Again again!" Prince shouted.

"I've been singing this for the past hour Prince," she whined.

"Please!" he jumped up and down.

"Okay, you're lucky you're cute," she teased.

She sang the song once more and I assumed that Prince was satisfied because he walked over to his toy truck and started playing with it. Amaya got up from the floor and walked over to Paris' crib. She was a bit whiny so Amaya picked her up and started humming to her. Almost immediately Paris' whimpers stopped and my eyes widened in shock. It usually takes me a while to get Paris to calm down but it only took her a matter of seconds. I felt a sharp, heartwarming sensation run through my body as I watched Amaya hold Paris.

She'd make an amazing mother.

I swiftly shooed away the inappropriate thoughts away and walked in the room as if I wasn't just standing next to the door.

"Oh hey," she greeted me with a warm smile before putting Paris back in her crib. "Your children are a dream."

"Thank you. I know that this one can be a handful at times though," I pointed at Prince.

"No, not really. He just made me sing 'The Itsy Bitsy Spider' one too many times but it was fun," she teased.

"Well that's nice to hear. What time did you have to be back home?"

"Around seven," she sighed. "I have to be home in time to make dinner for Braden and Mel."

"Can't Mel cook for him? Do you have to be home by seven?" I inched closer to her, grabbing both her hands. Truth is, I didn't want her to go. I wanted her to stay here with me for at least one more day. Yesterday was honestly one of the most amusing days I've had in a while. After riding the ferris wheel, we had a serious water balloon fight followed by a pillow fight later in the night. She ended up falling asleep on my arm while we watched Peter Pan and instead of carrying to her room, I let her sleep on me. She looked absolutely beautiful as she rested her head on me and I just couldn't bring myself to interrupt her sleep.