𝟐𝟑: 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟑𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟗 || 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚, 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

❦❦❦

"You're so dramatic," Yasmine rolled her eyes while laughing. "I'm sure Braden's fine. Mel seems to be taking good care of him."

I've been on edge since the night Dr. Baldwin confronted me about my future. The harsh truth was put in front of me, forcing me to think about my reasoning for being here. All of my reasons lead back to one thing; one person.

Melissa.

Ever since my sister overdosed at the age of eighteen, things haven't been the same between us. Our relationship has only gotten seemingly better because of Michael, ironically. I just hope- no. I pray that things continue to stay solid within our relationship.

"Yeah, I don't doubt she is," I tiredly smiled at Yasmine.

"H-How is she though? Like, with rehab and everything?"

"She's doing really well. She hasn't used in almost a year so that's really good. Just a few more weeks and she'll be free from the shackles of Santa Monica's Rehab Center," I stated while smiling proudly.

"That's amazing! We have to do something to celebrate when she gets released," Yasmine cheered.

"Of course," I nodded. "Well, this is me," I pointed at my next class. "I'll see you when I get to the dorm."

"Okay. Is Michael coming over today? I need to know so I can mentally prepare myself for the nasty moan fest you guys have," Yasmine sucked her teeth.

"Yes, he's coming over and I'm sorry. I know we've been a bit... into it lately."

"A bit?" she glared with a knowing look.

"O-Okay maybe we've been really into it but I promise we'll be quiet tonight."

"Mhm... I can only hope so," she sighed. A look of worry flashed within her eyes and I couldn't help but notice her fiddling with her fingers. She always did this when something was wrong...

Or when she was hiding something.

"You okay? You seem a bit nervous," I questioned, her fiddling becoming more intense.

"I'm fine mamita," she reassured. "I'll catch you later."

She instantly walked off and I raised a brow at her, ultimately shrugging and entering my classroom. Time flew by as I took notes and before I knew it, my professor instructed us to put on our goggles to test a few chemical reactions. I steadily poured the beaker filled with sulfuric acid into a heated beaker, only for there to be no reaction.