𝟐𝟒: 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟐𝟕𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟗 || 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚, 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬

❦❦❦

"I'm telling you the man is mad," Warren ranted on about Dr. Baldwin, which caused me to laugh uncontrollably.

"I can agree with you on that," I nodded as he walked me to my dorm.

For the past two weeks, Warren and I have gotten pretty close and I can boldly say that his company has saved me from from going insane in class. As the difficulty of my exams and labs increased, my passion for learning and retaining knowledge has surely decreased. Dr. Baldwin's words have been etched into my head ever since we talked that night and at times, I found myself wondering what I was doing here...

"My, you alright?" Warren tapped my shoulder.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good. Just thinking about this fundraiser event I have to host," I lied, even though there was indeed a fundraiser I have to host. I was selected by the Dean to organize a charity event for children that suffer from sickle cell anemia.

"I think heard about it," he nodded. "With the masquerade theme?"

"Mhm," I nodded happily at my idea. "I've always wanted to go to a masquerade so I thought this would be fun."

"It'll be lovely," he smiled. "If you need any help with anything let me know, I don't mind."

"I actually do need help," I smiled as we approached my dorm. "This is me."

"Alright," he smiled. "Have a good rest of your day, tell Yasmine I said hello."

Warren and Yasmine met about a week ago and surprisingly, they hit it off quite well. I think the only reason they did is because Yas views him as what she likes to call 'eye candy'.

Just as he walked off, my dorm's door swung open. I was greeted by my boyfriend's handsome face which made me smile. He wasn't even focused on me, though. He was focused on Warren I'm sure because his eyes never glanced down at me until I cleared my throat.

"O-Oh welcome home Sparkles. I heard your voice and I was really eager to see you," he said before planted a kiss onto my lips and guiding me inside.

"You're so cute," I giggled. "Is Yas here?"

"No," he shook his head. "I used the key you gave me to get in. Sorry if this is a bit invasive but I actually need to talk to you," he voiced urgently.

"Don't apologize baby, you're not being invasive. I gave you a key for a reason," I shrugged. "Now what is it you have to talk to me about?"

"Do you remember when I told you about the charity event I planned to do for the children in Kosova?" I nodded excitedly but his facial expression was blank. "W-Well I talked to my team about it and they agreed that I go through with it."