𝟏𝟒: 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐫

𝐒𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝐧𝐝, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐎𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐨𝐬, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

"You thought I wouldn't find out, huh?! Sleepin' around with Danny must've been real worth it!" I shouted while angrily taking Lisa's belongings out of the bedroom drawers and throwing them onto the ground.

"Baby, don't feed into what the media is saying," she pathetically whimpered. "I promise you, none of it is true."

"Baby I have eyes, I could see you two sneakin' around on me from a mile away. Not only that, there's pictures to prove it! They were specifically sent to me. Imagine that!" I sarcastically chuckled while shaking my head disappointedly.

"Sweetheart-" she attempted to touch me.

"If you so much as lay a finger on me Lisa, I swear I'll make your life even more of a living hell than what it's about to be."

"And what do you mean by that? Are you threatening me?"

"I want a divorce."

Her mouth fell open and tears began to fall down her rosy cheeks. I was accustomed to her tears at this point; those fake, crocodile tears. Those were the tears that had won me over one too many times for the past two years but now... now, I've had enough. I knew that I wasn't the greatest husband and hell, I knew I wasn't the best person in the world but I tried so hard for this relationship to work. Of course, in the end, my efforts were all in vain.

A sudden tap on my shoulder took me out of my thoughts and I was greeted by a warm, familiar face.

"Your guest has arrived," Fran informed me. "And sir, I don't mean to overstep but you do look a bit pale. Maybe I could fetch you and your company a glass of water?"

A tight lip smile plastered onto my face and I slowly nodded. "That would be lovely. Please, escort her in."

Fran nodded and I let out a deep sigh that I wasn't aware of holding in. The anxiety within me began to boil, almost like a kettle of hot water. I felt my hands becoming clammy, my vision blurring a bit. These were the inexplainable, uncomfortable effects this woman had on me. She ruined me, inside and out.

"Michael," her voice echoed throughout the living room. This caused me to jolt up from my seat and I couldn't help but take notice of our old wedding band wrapped around her finger. Is she serious right now?