𝟏𝟎: 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟓𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟗𝟖 || 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚 𝐌𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐚, 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚

❦❦❦

My divorce was finally in motion and although I was still conflicted, I knew that this is what's best. Debbie would come by to visit the kids ever so often and for once, I felt like my life was actually going in the right direction. I've been working in the studio with Lance every chance that I could get and afterwards, I'd visit Amaya. Nothing much has happened since her birthday, unfortunately. My feelings for her have been growing faster than I can comprehend and it's only a matter of time before I slip up and do something that I could regret.

"What are you thinking about?" she snapped her fingers in my face. We're currently in her room, sitting on her bed. Her legs are comfortably laying across on my lap and of course, this sent my heart racing a million miles a minute.

"N-Nothing Sparkles," I stuttered while staring into those hypnotic hazel eyes. "Anyway, your mom's still coming home, right?"

"Yeah, on her way last I checked."

Amaya finally got in contact with her mom and I thought she told her about me but instead, she made up this crazy story saying that she broke her arm.

"She's gonna be really confused when she's see that your arm isn't broken," I chuckled. "You should've just told her about me."

"She wouldn't have believed me," she shrugged.

"I guess so."

"Yeah..."

"Yeah..."

And here we go again, staring at each other helplessly without saying a word. We tended to do that a lot but it's gotten worse over the past few weeks.

"You make me so happy," she said in a soft voice.

"You make me the happiest," my voice came out as a whisper.

I hesitantly raised my hand to her cheek and caressed it with my thumb, her eyes slowly closing as I did so. My eyes flickered down to her beautiful, full pink lips that I've been trying to resist since I met her. Just as I was about to lean in, there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it," she slowly opened her eyes. "It's probably my mother."

I nodded and released her from my grasp. We both walked to the living room together and for some odd reason, I was nervous. I guess reality was finally sinking in; I'm meeting Amaya's mother. At first, I had plans to confront her about Amaya paying her bills but there was just no need for that, I'm already handling the financial aspect. I just need to talk to her about her absence as a parent. It may seem like a bold thing for me to do but I know Amaya's way too scared to ask on her own.