38.

The room had pin drop silence.

Nobody speaking a word, while Yoongi sat there with absolutely dead expressions, but silent tears leaving his eyes. Jungkook was quiet too, his own eyes glossy on hearing the whole story.

On the other side, all the people standing outside the room were equally shocked, yet gloomy. This is not what they expected to be the truth.

Mr. and Mrs. Min were crying, wanted to kill themselves after realizing how terrible parents they have been. The maids and teachers were shocked. Jin and Namjoon were looking at Yoongi with sympathy. And Minho was himself not able to believe what he just heard.

While Hoseok... Hoseok was just looking at Yoongi, himself crying seeing Yoongi in so much pain, dying to go inside and just hold him in his arms, to protect him, save him, love him.

Finally, Jungkook cleared his throat turning towards Minho and the others. He knew he needs to clear everything right now.

“Now... The thing is, all the memories of Mr. And Mrs. Min, the maids, the teacher, or anyone Yoonhee met as Yoongi, were not really memories, but a very planned combination of imagination and reality. They didn’t even realise when they started believing in their own imaginations. They thought it’s the truth, but in reality, it was a created and manipulated truth.”

“Truth is a very complex term Officer Kim... They all believed in what they were saying, because they all were sure, they saw it, and that is why, the lie detector machine couldn’t detect it either. But actually, it’s not what happened or what they saw, it was a story, that Yoonhee created. And they all, unknowingly, became a part of it.”

“As far as Yoongi is concerned, his memories of himself, were based on his visuals. He had always seen Yoonhee acting like that, rude, cruel, selfish. Even the last words of his brother were the voices which never left his head.”

“Our memories are what we experience. But for Yoongi, his memories were his visuals. His brain couldn’t decipher the difference between what he saw, and what he experienced himself. It remembered how Yoonhee behaved as Min Yoongi, so it kept on repeating. The same words in his mind, the same words Yoonhee said, before he fell from the terrace and Yoongi went in a state of utter shock. So, Yoongi subconsciously started acting like what 'Min Yoongi' was supposed to act. Even though every night he used to feel guilty. He acted like that subconsciously, as he was supposed to.”

“In reality, all this time, Yoongi is the one who suffered the most. Even when Yoonhee was alive, he never let Yoongi take any decisions, make any choices. Yoongi wasn’t allowed to think, or to wonder, to imagine, to live... Yoonhee made him a puppet, a machine who was supposed to follow his orders blindly.”

“And that is exactly what Yoongi did, because he found the unknown parental feeling from Yoonhee unconsciously. Yoonhee was not only a brother to him, hee was like a parent, when Yoongi’s real parents were always ignorant. So, he wanted to please Yoonhee, impress Yoonhee and be the ‘best brother’ as Yoonhee used to put it!”

“That is why, even when he cried everytime Yoonhee did wrong to him or any other person in the mansion, he didn’t even utter a word against him. He just kept on following Yoonhee’s orders and wishes. Because Yoonhee was everything he had.”

“After waking up in the hospital, what Yoongi’s brain remembered, were the memories of Yoonhee, the visuals belonged to Yoonhee, but Yoongi thought, it’s him, so he started acting like that, being rude, arrogant and a spoilt brat!”

“But, he could only remember how he acted inside the mansion, as he never went out, that’s why, he always felt anxious when taken out, as he literally had no idea, how to act. That also explains, why he didn’t remember going to school either. Because after Yoonhee came into their lives, he went to school acting like Yoongi, making people believe in his shitty attitude.”