Chapter Forty-Five

♕ All Will Wait ♕

There was no air enough to keep her awake.

No sound that could wake her.

No reason for her to open her eyes.

Luna bay was gone.

Nerezza had blown it to pieces.

Luna Bay had burned and burned and burned.

There was nothing left.

Nothing but Nerezza.

The people were all marked, or under Exillium's cells.

All of them.

Gone.

Dead.

Marked.

She could not hear anything but Nevaeh's voice as he'd read them the letter, sent across the sea somehow. She had not cared to ask.

Sybilla was far from her.

Sybilla's home was gone.

Sybilla's childhood, burning, burned.

Aubrette felt the need to puke her guts out, felt her soul burning in rage inside of her. She would tear Nerezza's hands from her arms and start by breaking each one of her nails.

So much destruction.

So much pain.

So much death.

No more.

No more.

No more.

No more.

No more.

It took all of her to not scream. To not fall to the floor and let herself unleash her anger on everyone around her. She looked down at her arms, her skin had burned through the fabric of her dress, and she watched as it fell on the ground, wishing she could do the same to their blessings.

To Nerezza, Deirdre, her mother. She watched as her skin burned, as it pushed everyone away from her, as the light burst through from her chest and locked her inside, and promised to herself that she would do the same to them all. She would tear their blessings from them, and see how they would bare it, being powerless over your own skin, your own body, your own self.

She would stare at them, and see how they felt the cold, not from the moon, but from the void that it would open inside of them. She'd burn all that they'd built, tear their homes apart, and watch as they regretted all that they'd done, but most of all she would make them remember who exactly they'd raised her to be.