Chapter Seventy-Five

♕ Second Star to the Right ♕ 

Aubrette portaled them back to the manor, where Dorian passed from side to side, Nevaeh's eyes wide opened, Heaven with her hands reaching out to him as if to calm him down. Bren just sat with his head between his knees. The air around all of them heavier than the last time she'd seen them. Phoebe holding Dorian in place. They couldn't possibly have been long that long could they?

"There has to be a way!" Dorian said. "Somewhere , somewhere there has to be someway we can go help her!" He yelled. Nevaeh flinched back. Aubrette's heart stopped for a second.

"Dorian." He spoke, lifting his hands up as if to surrender before he even started speaking. "There might not be anything anyone can do" he said, his voice sadder than she would have anticipated.

"You don't think I know that?!" He yelled, his shoulder falling. "Thats not the point Nevaeh. The point is that she shouldn't be alone right now! And you idiots took me away from her. She should not have to do it alone. I promised her." He said his voice cracking. Aubrette almost rushed towards him in that second.

"Uh Dorian" Hevaen said watching the two of them step inside the room.

"No Heaven" he said. "You don't understand! I love her" he said and every expression changed in their face. Phoebe even dropped him from her shock. "I love her, and she is out there alone, dying alone, and I'm here discussing nonsense with the four of you. Just. Let me go." He said, and Aubrette felt her eyes fill with tears.

"Dorian mate" Nev said grinning, as he watched Aubrette frozen halfway to them. Asher awkwardly looking from side to side. "She's behind you"

Dorian stood up straight not turning to see her at once. He took a deep breath. His shoulder raising and falling slowly. When he turned, Aubrette was suddenly too aware of the fact she was not the same person he'd left behind. Too aware that the girl he'd last seen was forever gone, and this new version was a stranger to the both of them.

Dorian's eyes locked with hers. His mouth parting. Aubrette unconsciously started walking towards him. Dorian's pace increasing. She rushed hers to match his, and jumped to his arms wrapping her own around his neck as soon as she reached him.

The world blurred away, sky wrapping around them like clouds filled with starlight. She laughed looking around, Dorian's face hiding on her neck.

"You hid us?" She whispered, looking around perplexed.

"Yes" he said, caressing her cheek, his nose touching hers softly. "Are you okay?" He asked, his eyes filled with tears. Aubrette swallowed down the need to cry, for the sole fact that he'd wanted her to have privacy, privacy to shatter if she needed to, privacy to break, to feel. She nodded. Resisting the urge to lean forward and kiss him.

"I am" she said. "Thank you"

Dorian smiled, kissing her forehead, her eyelids, both of her cheeks, the side of her neck before hugging her once more.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes" she breathed. "I'll explain it all later okay?" She said looking into his eyes, eyes which she could never get tired off. Dorian nodded, kissing her quickly, the same way he'd done before he'd left, but this time she knew it was because neither of them would be able to part if either kissed the other the way they wanted to. Dorian sighed holding her close once more before letting the room appear around them again.

Nevaeh blinking uncontrollably. "Fuck you" he said at Dorian, rubbing his eyes. "You said you'd never do that again without warning"

Dorian shrugged. "You weren't my main concern"