💛Warmer💚

Hunter felt frozen in place, but knew he had to act fast.

As if by reflexes alone, he begins easily taking down the wolves. When one would jump at him, he'd just teleport to the other side of it and knock it out. He became dazed while doing this, not noticing how Edric continued to back away from the ongoing fight.

Hunter had finally knocked out the last wolf when suddenly-

CRACK!

The very edge of the cliff broke away, Edric's foot slipping with it, and he began to fall.

Hunter instinctively grabbed his hand, planning to pull him up, but suddenly his vision turned dark. A voice spoke in his head as he stared at Edric's fearful face.

"Let go. It'll be good for the mission. You'll have to do this eventually." The voice was one of his uncle's, but he knew it was actually himself talking. He knew he should do it, just let go. His grip became looser.

But..looking at such a scared face, the face of a man on the verge of death..he couldn't. No way.

He pulled Edric up and laid on the ground, panting. Edric sat beside him, trying to grasp what just happened.

It was silent for a while, what felt like hours, as the two boys composed themselves. Then, Edric spoke up.

"Thank you."

Hunter looked to the side at the green haired boy. He had thought about killing this man, and he's thanking him? He doesn't deserve that.

"No. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have chased you into this woods. I almost- I- You almost DIED!" He waved his arms dramatically in front of him, genuine grief on his face.

Edric grabbed his knees and pulled them to his chest. "But..I didn't?" He chuckled, but it was obvious he's still terrified.

Hunter calmed down a bit and blushed, glancing to the opposite side. "No. You didn't." That thought made him happy.

"It's getting late. Wanna try this again tomorrow?" Edric smiled in his usual grin, but much more exhausted.

"No." Hunter's voice surprised the both of them. It held more emotion than planned.

"What?"

"I can't do this again. I can't chase you anymore, you don't deserve that! None of you do- I mean- what are you even doing wrong? Nothing!" He frowned. "Belos would kill me if i quit the mission though."

"Then lets fake it." Edric's grin returned to normal.

"What do you mean?"

"Simple, we make this a game. We get to hang out as you 'try to catch me' and you sadly fail due to unknown causes every time."

"I like the way that you think, Blight!" Hunter smiled genuinely, causing Edric to blush a deep red, not noticeable in the darker light.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow, Goldie!" Edric waved and began to walk away, hearing one last sentence before he left the woods.

"My name is Hunter."

It seems like they're warming up to each other.

--------------------------

Please leave your thoughts down below! This is (technically) my first fanfic so I'd love to know what you guys think and your theories about what might happen next :)!!

-BadLuck