Amie and The Return (Harry Potter fan-fic) Book 4

A/N: This is the fourth book in a series, I advise you to read the first three before reading this :)

#DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION. I DO NOT OWN ANY CHARACTERS EXCEPT AMIE JONES AND HER FAMILY. THE EVENTS AND CHARACTERS ALL BELONG TO AUTHOR J.K. ROWLING.

###############################################

Prologue:

For the first time in over a year, Amie was 'dreaming'. It wasn't a normal dream -- a dream where you could partly control what's happening -- this dream was out of Amie's control. In fact, it wasn't really a dream at all -- the 'dream' was real.

*Vision*

An old man with a walking stick was making his way towards a house. He had a key in his hand, and his eyes kept looking up at the second floor, where a flickering light could be seen through the window. The man was walking as fast as he could, and he had a determined and angry expression on his face. Amie wondered what could possibly be inside that house, that would make him go there. Was the house his? Amie didn't think so -- there was a house quite close, a house he was walking away from. The man limped around the big house, and found a back door, almost covered with ivy. He stuck his key into the lock, and let himself into the kitchen. On the inside, the house looked old and dusty. It didn't seem like anyone lived there anymore. It was quite dark, so the man had his hand against the wall as he walked through the hall and found a staircase. He walked up the staircase soundlessly, and Amie followed. At the same time the man saw it, Amie noticed where the light came from. A door was slightly open at the end of the landing, and inside there was a fire lit in a grate. Amie moved closer to the door, and then a voice spoke - a voice Amie recognized. A voice that made her angry. Wormtail. The man who sold one of Amie's best friend's parents out to an evil wizard called Voldemort. He was the reason Harry didn't have parents, and he was the reason why Amie's friend  --Sirius Black, Harry's godfather -- had spent twelve years in a wizarding prison. Wormtail sounded cautious and a little scared. Serves him right, thought Amie.

"There is a little more in the bottle, My Lord, if you are still hungry,"

"Later," said a high-pitch, cold, hissing voice, and Amie knew that it was Voldemort. "Move me closer to the fire, Wormtail."

Amie could hear the sound the chair made as it was dragged across the floor.

"Where is Nagini?" asked Voldemort.

"I - I don't know, My Lord," said Wormtail. "She set out to explore the house, I think..."

"You will milk her before we retire, Wormtail," said Voldemort. "I will need feeding in the night. The journey has tired me greatly."

It was quiet for a second inside the room.

"My Lord, may I ask how long we are going to stay here?" said Wormtail.

"A week," replied Voldemort. "Perhaps longer. The place is moderately comfortable, and the plan cannot proceed yet. It would be foolish to act before the Quidditch World Cup is over."

A movement next to Amie startled her, and she realized that the old man she followed here had put his finger into his ear and dug around inside. He looked confused.

"The -- the Quidditch World Cup, My Lord?" said Wormtail, and the old man stirred around in his ear with his finger again. "Forgive me, but -- I don't understand -- why should we wait before the World Cup is over?"

"Because, fool, at this very moment, wizards are pouring into the country from all over the world, and every meddler from the Ministry of Magic will be on duty, on the watch for signs of unusual activity, checking and double-checking identities. They will be obsessed with security, lest the Muggles notice anything. So we wait."