A new friend and plots

"Is she all right?" said a girl with a french accent.

"Oh, she will be fine, don't you worry, dear," said Madam Pomfrey, the matron.

Amie slowly opened her eyes to see hospital wing, and at the end of the room stood Pomfrey and - Fleur Delacour? Why was she here?

"Madam Pomfrey?" Amie said in a low voice.

"Miss Jones, good, good," said the matron, hurrying over to check on her patient.

"What happened?" Amie asked as Madam Pomfrey ran her wand over Amie's head.

"From what I could gather from Miss Delacour here, you ran into her and then cracked your skull on the stone floor," Madam Pomfrey answered.

"I cracked my skull?" Amie groaned, annoyed with herself.

"Yes," Madam Pomfrey said. "But you're okay, not to worry,"

"Thank you," Amie said.

"Not a problem," Pomfrey said. "Now, Miss Jones, are you in pain? Does it hurt?"

"Er - not really. I mean, it's sort of throbbing, but it's not as bad as my head has felt before," Amie said.

"Understandable," Madam Pomfrey said, a slight smile tugging at the corner of her mouth. "You have had a fair amount of head trauma here at Hogwarts, Miss Jones,"

"Must we use Miss, Madam Pomfrey? I am fairly regular here, can't you call me Amie?"

"Okay - Amie," Madam Pomfrey smiled. "You're free to go, if you wish. I can't find anything wrong with you, it doesn't seem like there's any swelling on your brain. But if you feel any pain, you will, of course -"

"- Have to come back," Amie filled in, grinning.

"Go on, then," Madam Pomfrey smiled broadly in return.

"Thanks," Amie said. "What time is it?"

"Dinner's nearly over," Madam Pomfrey supplied.

"I missed Potions!" Amie gasped. She did know she had missed it, but if she played her cards right, Snape wouldn't be able to punish her.

"I will inform Severus of why you were absent, Amie," Madam Pomfrey said, and Amie nearly smirked in success.

"Thank you, Madam Pomfrey!" she said happily. "Bye!"

"Good bye, Amie," Madam Pomfrey chuckled, leaving for her office.

Amie started walking to the door of the infirmary, when something stopped her. A hand on her shoulder. She spun around, and found herself face to face with Fleur Delacour. Amie had completely forgotten she was there too. Fleur looked thoughtful and perhaps a little bit worried.

"How are you?" she asked.

"Je parle français, Fleur. Et je me sens bien." Amie answered. (A/N - I speak French, Fleur. And I'm great.)

"Oh!" Fleur exclaimed in surprise, before she smiled. "Êtes-vous de la France?" (A/N - Are you from France?)

"Non. Certains membres de ma famille vit là-bas, et ma mère aime tous les deux pays et tout ce qu'il contient." Amie said. (A/N - No. Some people in my family lives there, and my mother loves both the country and everything in it.)

"Avez-vous été là?" Fleur asked. (A/N - Have you been there?)

"Oui, plusieurs fois." Amie replied. "C'est un beau pays, mais je préfère l'Angleterre." (A/N - Yes, many times. It's a beatiful country, but I prefer Britain.)