Meeting the Quidditch player

Amie returned the favor of her friends ignoring her, and for the rest of the meal she spoke only to the twins and Lee. But she couldn't help but listen in on Harry's, Hermione's and Ron's conversation, and she did notice how Ron put a french dessert in plain view for the Veela-girl to see. But she didn't come over to get it, to Amie's relief. Amie knew Hermione liked Ron, and she hoped Hermione wouldn't be too hurt when the time came that Ron realised that he liked Hermione back.

"Excited?" Lee whispered to the twins as the golden plates were wiped clean and Dumbledore stood up again to talk.

"You know us, Lee," Fred grinned wickedly. After that, he and George stared at Dumbledore with concentration written on their faces.

"The moment has come." Dumbledore smiled around at them all. "The Triwizard Tournament is about to start. I would like to say a few words of explanation before we bring in the casket, just to clarify the procedure that we will be following this year. But first, let me introduce, for those who do not know them, Mr. Bartemius Crouch, Head of the Department of International Magical Cooperation," people applauded him politely. "and Mr. Ludo Bagman, Head of the Department of Magical Games and Sports,"

There was a much louder round of applause for him than for Crouch. Amie guessed it was because he used to be a Quidditch player. While Mr. Crouch did not acknowledge his name being announced, Mr. Bagman waved his hand happily when his was. Mr. Crouch looked just as strict and uptight as he looked at the World Cup, only this time he wore wizard robes instead of a suit.

"Mr. Bagman and Mr. Crouch have worked tirelessly over the last few months on the arrangements of the Triwizard Tournament." Dumbledore continued. "And they will be joining myself, Professor Karkaroff, and Madame Maxime on the panel that will judge the champions' efforts," As Dumbledore said 'champions', the tension in the room rose, and everyone were quiet as mice. Dumbledore noticed and smiled. "The casket then, if you please, Mr. Filch,"

Filch, who was standing in a corner of the Hall, approached Dumbledore with a wooden chest. It was encrusted with jewels and seemed very old. A murmur of excitement ran through the students as they saw it.

"The instructions for the tasks the champions will face this year have already been examined by Mr. Crouch and Mr. Bagman," said Dumbledore as Filch put the chest on the table in front of him. "and they have made the necessary arrangements for each challenge. There will be three tasks, spaced throughout the school year, and they will test the champions in many different ways... their magical prowess - their daring - their powers of deduction - and, of course, their ability to cope with danger."

The silence in the Hall was ringing, no one even seemed to breathe.

"As you know, three champions compete in the tournament." Dumbledore continued. "One from each of the participating schools. They will be marked on how well they perform each of the Tournament tasks and the champion with the highest total after task three will win the Triwizard Cup. The champions will be chosen by an impartial selector: the Goblet of Fire."

Dumbledore took out his wand, tapped the wooden chest three times, and the lid opened. Dumbledore reached inside and picked up a large, rougly carved, wooden cup. The cup itself wasn't anything special, but it was filled to the brim with  dancing blue-white flames. Dumbledore closed the chest and placed the goblet carefully on top of it.

"Anybody wishing to submit themselves as champion must write their name and school clearly upon a slip of parchment and drop it into the goblet."

Amie lost her eyesight and everything turned black. A second later, Amie 'saw' Dumbledore catching a piece of paper and looking at it. Written on it was the name 'Harry Potter'. Amie gasped and got her sight back. She saw Fred and George, and even Harry and Hermione looking at her worriedly. She couldn't tell them, could she? Will Harry put his name into the Goblet of Fire? Amie didn't think he would. But then, who will? Probably the one who is the reason Cedric dies at the end of the year. In a graveyard in Little Hangleton none the less. Amie snapped out of it, what will happen will happen. It's meant to happen. None of Amie's previous visions have been for her to stop it from happening. They've just been warnings. And Amie's already got her job - save seven lives. Dumbledore was still talking, so Amie turned to look at him once more.