Time flies

The week after the Hogsmeade trip was calm - exactly how Amie liked it. Hagrid was back, everyone was getting along, there were still a couple of weeks left to the second task, school was going great, and Amie and George's relationship was going well too. After the first 'I love you' was exchanged, the two of them were even more confident with one another, and they spent as much time as possible together. After school on Tuesday George picked Amie up as she was walking to dinner.
"Come with me," he told her, smiling mischieviously.
Amie smiled back, frowning a little.
"You go on, guys," Amie told Hermione and the others, and as her three friends entered the Great Hall, Amie grabbed George's hand and allowed him to drag her away.
"Where are we going?" Amie asked George, watching his eager face with amusement. He didn't answer, and soon enough they'd left the castle behind and were walking across the frosty grounds. "Are we going into the forest?" Amie asked, hoping that George wasn't heading for the lake - that had been Amie and Draco's place. On the other hand, Amie didn't like the darkness of the forest either.
"You'll see," George said, smiling his wicked smile at her.

They were indeed going to the forest, but they entered close to Hagrid's hut, and they didn't go too far in. They'd reached a clearing - a sunlit clearing, with sparkling snow, and glittering lights in the trees. On the ground was a red blanket, covered with food. As soon as Amie'd walked over to the blanket her eyes and mouth widened in surprise, she noticed it wasn't cold anymore. 
"You did this?" Amie gasped, turning around to George, who was standing still, observing her.
"D'you like it?" he asked her, looking almost nervous. Amie smiled - he looked so cute.
"I love it," Amie said, walking over to George and giving him a kiss. George smiled broadly, grabbed Amie's hand, and pulled her back to the blanket.
"Have you put a spell on this place?" Amie asked as they sat down, and George started preparing their food. "It's surprisingly warm,"
"Lee taught me," George nodded. "He's actually quite smart,"
"The more you know," Amie smiled.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""

On Friday, during Charms, Harry was telling Amie and the others of his nightly adventure. He'd gone to the prefect's bathroom with the golden egg to work out the clue, and when he was returning, he spotted a name on the Marauder's Map that shouldn't have been there - Bartemius Crouch. Apparantly Mr. Crouch had been searching through Snape's office. It all sounded very suspicous - Crouch was sick, wasn't he? Harry told them of how he decided to go investigate, but got caught in a fake step on a staircase, dropping the egg in the process. The egg split open and attracted Filch's attention. And then Snape, and later Moody turned up as well.
"You said you'd already worked out that egg clue!" Hermione said, finally finding her voice.
"Keep your voice down!" Harry hissed, looking around to see that no one heard. He shouldn't have bothered, people were too busy with their banishing charms - the opposite of summoning charms - to notice someone talking. "I just need to - sort of fine-tune it, all right?"

At that moment, Neville's bad aiming sent Professor Flitwick - instead of a cushion - across the room.
"Just forget the egg for a minute, all right?" Harry said quietly. "I'm trying to tell you about Snape and Moody...."
Harry continued telling them of what the two professors had been talking about.
"Snape said Moody's searched his office as well?" Ron said, banishing a cushion that knocked Parvati's hat off. "What...d'you reckon Moody's here to keep an eye on Snape as well as Karkaroff?"
"Well, I dunno if that's what Dumbledore asked him to do, but he's definitely doing it," said Harry, trying to banish his cushion, but only managing to flip it over.  "Moody said Dumbledore only lets Snape stay here because he's giving him a second chance or something...."
"What?" said Ron, his eyes widening. "Harry...maybe Moody thinks Snape put your name in the Goblet of Fire!"

"Oh, Ron," said Hermione, shaking her head. "we thought Snape was trying to kill Harry before, and it turned out he was saving Harry's life, remember?"
Hermione waved her wand and banished a cushion that flew directly to the box they were all aiming for.
"I agree with Hermione," said Amie. "There's no point in suspecting Snape, you've done that mistake before - we should be observant of everyone else,"
"I don't care what Moody says," Hermione went on. "Dumbledore's not stupid. He was right to trust Hagrid and Professor Lupin, even though loads of people wouldn't have given them jobs, so why shouldn't he be right about Snape, even if Snape is a bit -"
"- evil," said Ron promptly. "Come on, Hermione, why are all these Dark wizard catchers searching his office, then?"
"Snape might have things in his past that we don't know about - just because Dumbledore trusts him doesn't mean everybody else does," Amie said.
"What's interesting right now is why has Mr. Crouch been pretending he's ill?" said Hermione. "It's a bit funny, isn't it, that he cant manage to come to the Yule Ball, but he can get up here in the middle of the night when he wants to?"