A Demon

'I see. We would be staying here for the night today' Jason hand signed gazing at the stars.
'Yeah, well I have something important to tell you Jason. It doesn't feel right keeping it to myself'

He twirled around, looking at me expectantly 'Promise me you won't freak out?'
'I won't, I promise'
'Ok' I took in a deep breath before removing the contact lenses from my eyes.

'Why do you have red orbs?' He asked shocked.
'I'm not human Jason. I'm not who you really think I am. I didn't realize until yesterday'
'If you're not human, then what are you?'

'I'm a demon Jason'
He gave me a skeptical look 'You're kidding right? You can't be serious?'
'I'm serious Jason'

'Oh boy! She has that serious look on. This is quite surprising'
'Are you not afraid of me?' I asked him.
'Should I be?..... Of course. It's quite shocking and overwhelming. I just found out my childhood best friend is a demon. I didn't see that coming. But on second thought, you've never hurt me in any way. I guess I shouldn't be afraid of you. You're my best friend after all and you'd never put me in harm's way' He feigned a smile. I could tell he wasn't comfortable.

Can I really trust him if he doesn't feel comfortable around me anymore?
All I wanted was to tell him the truth. I guess I shouldn't have.
Alistair was right. I shouldn't have dragged him into this.

'I should go get some sleep' He jerked up heading to the only room we had in the cabin 'You should get some sleep too'
I stood up and hugged him from behind and he tensed.

He really didn't have to pretend. I would have understood. I stepped away from him and he walked into the room without a second glance.
I feel miserable right now.