A Dream

I looked around me. The city was in ruins and It didn't faze me at all. I could hear the sirens blaring loudly.
Helicopters flew from different directions, missiles rained down from the skies. I didn't flinch, I just stood looking at the chaotic view before me. I didn't know why I hadn't moved a muscle. I found it very strange.

I felt strange. Like I was enjoying the chaotic view before me. Like I didn't care anymore. I felt so in human......
I wasn't running or anything. I just stood there;
Watching
Listening....... And enjoying the view.

'Gen' I heard an all too familiar voice call my name.
I turned to look at Jason reaching out for me.
He was lying on the floor reaching out to me, but I didn't move.

'Yo.....ou ha...ve to St....op Gen' He wheezed out as blood drooled from the corner of his mouth 'Gen......' I didn't hear his last words as I ended him myself.

I yanked up, fully awake and conscious of my environment. It was only a dream. I'd killed Jason. Why would I do such a thing?
I looked around the cabin and found no traces of him anywhere.
He'd really left without a word.

I stood up from the couch I'd slept on and decided to make myself a cup of coffee before I head back home.
I walked over to the kitchen counter and found a note there. He'd left me a note.

I picked it up and read;

I was pretty scared when you'd told me you weren't human. I shouldn't have acted the way I did last night. I know I'm a wussy.
I'm really sorry and hope you could forgive me. I was scared shitless, Yeah. But being a demon won't break our friendship bond.
Love Jason.

'Coward' I chuckled folding the piece of paper and throwing it into the trash can.

°°°°°

'Hey Ma!' I stepped into the house and met Mama binging and watching a TV show.
'You didn't have to come back. I was having a total house free of your aura' She sniffed the air.

I rolled my eyes at her dramatic behavior and decided to play along 'Sorry. Did I contaminate the air. It's really stuffy in here' I looked around the living room 'Oh it's because a certain someone decided to close the blinds and look Ma the radiator is on heat mood' I turned and walked up to my room hearing her grumble coherently.

BITCH! I swore.