Hurt

Author's POV

'She's not gonna like this' Ali said to Luce 'Give it a second thought Luce. I'm not against it, but you have to consider how she'll react if she finds out'
'Can't you see that I'm running out of options here. Marrying her is the last resort to keep her safe. I'm afraid I cannot do enough for her as a father. But I believe you can even do better as her mate. You haven't found one yet so I don't see why not' Luce pointed out.

Ali sighed 'Very well then. But let's hope she doesn't take this the wrong way'
'I'll tell her myself' Luce said and he nodded.

°°°°°

'Hi pa' Gen greets her father as he walked into her room 'It feels like I haven't seen you like forever' She hugs him.
'Well I was pretty preoccupied with work' Luce said.
'Yeah I totally forgot. You work is quite tiring'
'You'll do it someday'

'I hope that day never comes' Gen said and Luce laughed at her comment.
'I've come to tell you something. Let's sit' He gestures towards the bed.
'So?......'
'You'd be getting married to Thanatos soon. Don't take this wrong way Prosperine, but it's for your own good' Luce said to her.

'Is this some kinda sick joke?!' Gen asked skeptically 'Father tell me your joking. It can't be true?'
'I don't joke with this kind of things Prosperine' He replied solemnly.
'You can't do this to me Papa! I'm only 18. I'm not ready for this!' She exclaimed.

'You don't have a say in this prosperine. You don't know anything child. All I'm doing right now is to protect you. You'll understand when the time comes' Luce stands up to leave.
'You're all the same! You don't care about how the decisions you make affects me papa, no one does. First you brought me down here against my will and now you're marrying me off to someone I barely even know'

'You mean the guy you're falling for?' Her subconsciousness corrected but she totally ignored it.
'I can't pretend it doesn't hurt me anymore'
'Don't try anything stupid prosperine' Luce warned 'Don't even think about it'
He disappears, leaving her behind.

Gen face palmed 'Is this really how my life ends?....... No' She shook her head 'I'll have to find a way out. Dagan, only Dagan can help me out of this mess'