Qarinah

Gen's POV

We were back in the same room where we'd being when I came.
'I guess this is my room' I said to Papa.
'Yeah. You should get settled. Qarinah will be here to assist you soon. I have to go now, I still have unfinished business to attend to' He kissed me on the cheek before teleporting himself out of the room.

I slumped on the bed with a loud thud, feeling the softness against my skin.
'Mmh..... So soft' I groaned slowly drifting to sleep.

°°°°°

I slowly flipped my eyes open, glad I wasn't met with any blinding light. The weather here was quite different. There was no Sunshine down here. The sky was all red with the blood stained moon that stood still.

'You're finally awake' I flinched turning to see a girl in her mid 20s standing beside my bed staring down at me.
'Who are you? How long have you been standing there?' I asked her.
'I'm so sorry. Did I startle you?' She asked innocently.
'Literally' I replied.

'I didn't wanna disturb you when I'd walked in and found you asleep' She said.
My eyes widens in shock 'You'd been standing here the whole time?'
'Yes' She nodded.
'That's kinda creepy you know?'
'I'm sorry if I'd made you uncomfortable. You must think I'm a creep now' She bowed her head feeling embarrassed 'It's just that I couldn't leave without doing what I was assigned to. He'd punish me if I'd left'

'Who? My Father?' I asked.
'Yes'
'Why would he?........'
'It's how it's done down here. I can't afford being punished for the second time' She replied nervously.

'Punished? Second time?' I arched a brow.
'Yes, well I was once a human, but I'd committed a crime I deeply regret now' She said sadly fumbling with the hem of her apron.
'What did you do?' I asked curiously.

She hesitated 'well.... I committed suicide, but My Lord was kind enough to spare me and let me work here as a servant'
Why would she do such a thing? It's an awful thing to do.
'I know what you must be wandering. I was young and stupid back then. I learned the hard way.....' She sniffed 'I'm sorry' She wiped her tears with her finger tips 'I blab a lot. You totally didn't need that piece of information. It's irrelevant. Just forget about it' She masked her sadness with a smile 'By the way, my name's Qarinah'

'I'm Genesis. Gen for short' I replied.
'He said to address you as Prosperine' Qari said.
'No I insist. Call me Gen and I'll call you Qari' I gave her a friendly smile.
'Ok' she smiled back at me.
'Cool'

'I'll go run you a bath now' She said heading to the bathroom.
'You don't need to, I can totally take care of that'
'But I have to.......' I cut her off.
'It's fine. Seriously, I don't need your help, I'm not a kid'

'Ok then, I'll just pick out an outfit for you' She said walking over to the closet.
'Black' I said and she turned to look over her shoulder at me 'I like my outfits black'
'Sure' She replied as I dragged my feet into the bathroom.

Time to take a long refreshing bath.