Prosperine

Gen's POV

'Welcome home Prosperine' Papa said to me.
'No, the name's Genesis' I replied.
'Down here everyone will address you as Prosperine, that's your real name. Genesis was never your name to begin with' He said turning his back to me, looking out the window.

I hadn't really noticed where we were.
We were in a very big room with a queen sized bed. It had this dark interior decor. Every thing was black except the white duvet on the bed.

I walked over to where Papa stood. The sight outside was very terrible. I could see demons tormenting lost souls. I was really in HELL.

'I'm not ready for this' I spoke first drawing his attention back to me.
'What do you mean?' He asked calm and collected.
'The purpose I'd been born...... I can't do it'
'It's not up to you to decide. You can't change fate. Yours was written that way'

'Why?...... Why can't I just be normal? Is that too much to ask?..... I hate being me. I'd seen what I can do and I'm afraid of what I'm about to become' I said.
'Learn to control your powers, don't let your powers control you. Someone once said that to me. You shouldn't fear what you'd become, because it's who you are' He placed his hand on my shoulder 'I'm sorry I hadn't being a part of your life. I'd really wanted to watch you grow, but I couldn't leave Hell unattended. It'd be in total chaos if I'd left'

'If that's the way you apologize for not being a part of my life. Hmm..... It's totally working' I said and he laughed 'I forgive you Pa, You're the only person I need right now' I pulled him in for a tight hug and he returned it.

Who knew the devil could be all cuddly and nice.
Shut up!...... He's your Papa.
Yeah, I know right the Devil is my Papa.

'Well I wanted to ask you for a favor' I said when we'd pulled away from each other.
'Sure'
'Well...... I was wandering if you could let me go back up'
'No' He shook his head 'Not gonna happen. You aren't leaving my sight again'
'Oh c'mon Pa' I whined 'I have a life up there. I can't just leave everything behind. And my school life? What about that?'

'I know how much you hate school. Don't use that as an excuse. It's your human friend right? That coward' He said with disgust 'I'll let you meet him for the last time and I'll give him a little gift for always looking out for you. You don't have a life up there anymore Prosperine'

'I still prefer Genesis' I said and he playfully glared at me.