Chapter 10: Breaking and Entering Part 2

"You're never getting out of here!" Trudge scoffed. "Unless you can drive or fly through walls!"

"Duck!" Blister told them.

"Right!" Lise said and obeyed along with Yusei.

Trudge gasped. The cracks between the door and wall shone white and exploded. All three plowed through the smoke from the explosion and plummeted down an elevator shaft.

"Next stop, ground floor!" Lise joked.

"You certainly know how to make an exit, don't you? I just hope you can hang on till we reach the bottom, Lise! Because with five speed counters I can now play the speed spell Rapid Shockwave!"

"You do realize we're falling down a freaking elevator shaft, right? And you're still trying to duel me?"

"For each speed counter I have, my Striker gets a hundred attack points! And that means that with my monster all amped up, I can finally get a little payback for when you flattened my runner back in the pipeline!" Trudge said. Striker's attack points mounted up to 2100.

I'll take that as a yes. "Aren't you forgetting something? My alchemist can't be destroyed in battle!" Lise reminded him, practically falling downwards.

"No, but because of this power boost, even though your monster's in defense mode, you're still gonna receive damage!" Trudge broke it to her. "Search Striker, take out her lifepoints!"

Lise: 2200

Trudge: 2700

Lise winced from the attack and skidded against the elevator wall.

"Lise!"

"Now who's worried?" she grunted, trying to sound nonchalant.

"You two may have escaped from me in our last encounter, but the power of my deck is gonna have you back to the Facility before you can make it to the bottom floor!"

"We'll see about that!" Lise declared, pushing off the wall, and drawing a card. Trudge's speed counters increased to six while Lise's went back up to five. "I play my trap Subtraction, so by forcibly lowering my speed counters back to three, I can destroy a monster on your field! Pursuit Chaser, say hello to the graveyard!"

In a flash of yellow-colored chips, Trudge's monster vanished.

"Guys, brace yourselves!" Blister warned. "Time to hit the asphalt!"

Yusei's back wheel landed first. He bounced once and the doors opened. Lise flipped over to slow her fall and flew through just in time.

Trudge wasn't so lucky. "Hey!"

"See ya Trudge!" Yusei yelled over his shoulder. All right, now to get outta here!

The elevator dinged and Trudge plowed through the doors. "We're not done yet!" he cried and crashed through the guardrail from the catwalk above. He landed directly next to Yusei, shoving him over to the side a little.

"Hey, I hope you like the Facility-"

"HA!" Blister interrupted by kicking Trudge in the face!

"AWESOME!" Lise breathed, in awe.

Naturally, the officer fell back after being assaulted. Blister pulled up next to Lise and Yusei on his own runner.

"Nice one!" Lise complimented.

"Blister?" Yusei sounded a bit surprised. "Thanks!"

"Forget the thank you's. I've got an interest in keeping you guys out of the slammer. If word got out that I slipped up somehow, my reputation might not ever be able to recover. And don't go thinking this makes us friends or anything, got it? I already ruined one friendship."