Chapter 11: Amnesia?

"Should we wake him up?"

"I dunno. Look at that marker on his cheek."

"What about it?"

"Remember that weirdo who used to clean the pool? When dad came home and saw that guy had a mark on his cheek, he fired him! Dad said that mark meant he spent time in the Facility!"

"So you think this guy was in the Facility, too? Cool!"

"That's not cool, you dork! People who have been to the Facility are bad!"

"Well...talk to his card spirits. See what they have to say about him."

The two green-haired kids discussed their options, while Yusei remained passed out on their couch. The girl placed a hand on his deck.

"Well?"

"They say that he's a very good person. They also say he's very sad."

"I wonder what he's sad about. Maybe he lost something important like-"

"SHH! He's waking up!"

Yusei sat up and stared at...twins. "Who are you?"

"We found you in the alley downstairs," the girl said.

"You wrecked your bike," the boy chimed in.

"You wouldn't wake up!"

"So we brought you up here."

"You're heavy..."

"My name's Leonard, but please call me Leo. This is my sister Luna. We're twins, in case you couldn't tell. Not identical twins, obviously; she's a she and I'm a he."

Not really paying attention, Yusei grabbed his deck.

"So...uh...who are you, mister? What's your name?"

Yusei's eyes widened. "I have no idea."

/

"What happened to Yusei?" Lise asked Blister worriedly. She was pacing in the safety of a secluded garage.

"I don't know. Did he get out okay?"

"Yeah, but I can't find him!"

"But you told me you could read minds!"

"I can't read minds! I said it was more like telepathy which is completely different! Anyway, he isn't responding! I can't even find his mind right now! That and I'm friggin exhausted!" As if to prove her point, she slumped down onto the couch.

"You found him in the Facility, though, right?"

"Yeah, but that was different. I was in a coma," Lise nervously twirled her hair.

"Okay, then. Just do what you can. We'll go look for him when it's dark. It'll be easier if we know where he is. I'll leave that up to you."

/

"I've never met anyone with amnesia before," Leo commented.

On his feet, Yusei looked around. Nothing was familiar. "Where are we?"

"Check this out." Not really answering the question, Leo waved his arm and curtains covering an enormous window spread out to reveal the yard.

"Leo, just answer his question and tell him where we are!" Luna said impatiently.

"Cool, huh? It's on a motion sensor. We've also got a-"

"You're in our apartment, in an area called the Tops," Luna interrupted.