Chapter 33: Introducing Crow!

The Security Center of Satellite loomed darkly in the early morning.

"We've got reports of a suspicious person out by the impound lot," policemen briefed each other on the situation. They quickly pulled up beside a very unique duel runner. It looked sleek and aerodynamic with wings and a black and yellow design. "Looks like some underground dueler might be trying to get his deck back."

"Units 5 through 9 are en route," was the reply. The police's squad car parked just behind the thief's runner.

"Looks like our suspicious person's got some style," one officer commented.

"Don't compliment the criminals, Smith."

"What? I'm allowed to appreciate the aesthetic!"

Without warning, the runner's wings flapped and an alarm split the air.

"Check it out," the closest policeman reached for the nearest handle. His hand was zapped away the instant he touched it. The buzzing reached a slightly higher octave. "Now that's an alarm!"

"Well, whoever's bike this was, it's Sector Security's now!"

"How do you like the bridge, Yusei?" Goodwin asked pleasantly. The director and the champion stood alone at the edge of the unfinished bridge that, if completed, would have stretched from New Domino City to the Satellite.

"Why was it never finished?" Yusei scowled, cautious and impatient to get what he came for.

"I'm glad you asked." Goodwin smiled cryptically. "If the construction of this bridge was ever completed it would have given the evil that lives deep beneath the Satellite access to my precious New Domino City. And the battle that is about to begin must never reach these shores."

"But what about the people in the Satellite?"

"They will become enveloped in eternal darkness unless someone can save them."

"So why aren't you using the power you possess to get them out of there?"

"I can't do that."

"That isn't an answer!" Yusei pressed exasperatedly.

"Yusei, as long as the people in the Satellite remain there, the darkness will stay as well."

"But why would you put the people of the Satellite at risk?"

Goodwin turned around and fully faced Yusei for the first time. "Yusei, the time has come for me to tell the truth."

Inside the Security Center, the culprit checked his duel disk. His runner was in serious danger of being stolen by law enforcement. Sort of ironic, in a way.

"Looks like Sector Security's earlier than usual. Time to make my exit, but I don't think the air vents are gonna work this time," he huffed. "Looks like it's plan B." He backed up to a hallway. Red beams criss-crossed across the entire hall, he saw, when he lowered his goggles to check out his options. "Perfect. Plan B's my favorite!"

Without a second thought, the man dashed straight into certain detection.

Loud security alarms blasted throughout the entire building. The team in charge of security jumped into action. "An intruder!"

"We're patching in surveillance now!" The screens didn't show anything but empty halls. "He's not in the money vaults."

"Try deck storage!" The monitors changed and the culprit popped into view running pell-mell down the hallway. "There, we got him! Lock him in! Shut down all of the elevators!"

"Attention! There is no way out! Surrender now!"

Two guards had taken up pursuit. They were, unfortunately, a ways down the hall, and would never catch up to the culprit in time. "Hey you, stop running and drop to the floor!"