Chapter 64: Sorrowful Memories Part 1

A red-haired man wearing a trench coat, sunglasses, and fedora raced towards Satellite on a speed boat. He appeared calm as he swiftly approached the island's banks.

/

"Now there's only one tower left," Fish recalled. She had finished laughing at Yusei's expense and wanted to keep the ball rolling. "The world isn't safe yet."

"What're we waiting for?" Leo said impatiently. "Let's go help Akiza."

"Excellent idea!" Crow pointed at Leo dramatically. He mounted his duel runner and revved the engine. "I'm good to go."

Fish and Lise rose into the air. The others climbed onto their respective vehicles.

"Hey Fish, I'll race ya," Crow challenged.

"You are so on!" She grinned and took off with Crow driving swiftly at her heels.

"Wait for us, you two!" Luna called after them. Trudge's car was the last to leave the Old Reactor.

/

"I've dueled Misty before," Akiza said solemnly. "She is not my biggest fan."

"What exactly happened to her brother?" Meena asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't even know who he is."

"Maybe she confused you with someone else."

"No," Akiza shook her head. "It's definitely me she's after. As for her brother, I don't know what I did, but I can't worry about it. All that matters is defeating Misty and sealing that control tower."

Meena finally braked the car in front of an eerie, run down amusement park. Both women unbuckled and exited the car.

"She's gotta be in there somewhere," Meena reasoned. "Let's split up."

"If purple fire starts to surround you, you should, ya know, run," Akiza advised, offering Meena a weak smile.

"Right..."

Akiza wandered into the park. Meena went right and Akiza took left. She ignored the filthy out-of-use duel monster statues' eyes that seemed to follow her every move.

/

"Ha! I win!" Crow punched the air and braked near Meena's car.

Fish landed nearby. "No way! I got here first!"

Crow gave her a patronizing look. "I think you'll find that I was the clear victor."

"Nope, you lost."

"I won!"

"You lost!"

"It was a tie!" Lise shouted at them. She landed with her hands on her hips. "Don't you think we have more important matters to attend to?"

Crow hung his head, ashamed. Fish crossed her arms and scowled, kicking stray gravel like a small child caught in the act of something foolish. "Yes," they both admitted.

"Then let's go," Yusei dismounted his runner. "Divide and conquer?"

"Best idea you've had all day," Lise grumpily walked into the park first.

"Only idea you've had all day." Fish smirked at Yusei. "By the way, what Lise means is 'don't follow me.'"

Yusei glared at her. "Yeah, I got that." He sighed and entered the park. The others trailed in behind him.

/

Meena frowned irately at the carnage around her. "Run down carnivals are not right. They're so creepy when they're empty." She stopped by the rusty slides.