Chapter 24: Time of the Dragon

"Fish won!" Luna cried jubilantly.

Leo grinned and high fived his sister. Yusei smiled grimly, and returned quickly back to a frown.

"Hey, why are you guys so happy?" Lise asked, coming out of her trance.

"You're up!" Leo exclaimed.

"Are you okay, Lise?" Luna dashed over as quickly as her small legs could take her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. How about you guys?"

"Yusei said you were in Akiza's mind!" Leo blurted.

"Yeah, we were worried," Luna added helpfully. She joined Lise and Yusei on the couch, and Leo tried to follow, but his couch access was denied when both Yusei and Lise rose to her feet.

Lise jabbed her thumb back at Yusei. "You mean this guy here was worried?"

Luna nodded. "Yeah, we all were."

"Is that weird?" Leo asked, tapping his foot impatiently.

"Hell yeah. No way was Yusei worried. He's got the best poker face ever."

"Say what?" Yusei protested loudly.

"Yeah! You've got a permanent frown! You're so serious."

"He was kinda frowning, but his eyebrows were all scrunched together," Luna piped up.

"You guys wanna know what I used to call him when we were little?" Lise smiled mischievously.

"Don't tell them..." Yusei pleaded futilely.

"I used to call him a robot!"

Both twins contemplated Yusei's facial expression for a second or two.

"Come on, really? Did you have to tell them that?" Yusei complained.

"It is hard to tell if you're happy or not," Luna admitted.

"Yep," Leo agreed shortly. His foot tapped faster and faster as his patience grew thinner and thinner.

Behind Yusei's back Lise made an exaggerated no emotions face. Her expression didn't change when she passed her hand across her face. Luna giggled openly, while Leo continued to scowl.

"What're you-that's not what I look like!" Yusei shouted, his face was a slight shade of pink.

Lise stopped and laughed too.

"Well, you're in a good mood," Yusei speculated darkly, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, I am, actually," Lise teased.

"You're blocking the couch!" Leo whined, his patience snapping, he shoved Lise out of his way.

Knocked off balance, she toppled straight into the unsuspecting Yusei. The two of them landed hard on the floor. Unaware of what he caused, Leo asserted himself on the couch beside his sister.

"Ow," Lise winced, rubbing her forehead.

"That hurt," Yusei agreed, grimacing.

"Sorry," Lise blushed furiously. He's so close!

Uh...what do I do? She's close enough that I could...I could just...

"Sorry," Lise repeated, not meeting his eyes, and pushing herself up. Her blond hair fell around their faces like a curtain.

"Lise?!" Yusei burst out quickly, not wanting her to get up just yet.

"Yeah?" She paused and stared uncertainly.