Chapter 35: It Begins Part 1

Carefully, the group of boys made their way across the chasm that split Satellite down the middle.

"Stop shaking the bridge!" Nervin scolded. "Everyone's gonna fall!"

"Will ya stop saying that Nervin?" Tank yelled back at him.

"Just keep walking okay?" Blitz said exasperatedly.

"Easy for you to say," Nervin complained, but he kept going. "This bridge breaks and I'm the first one down."

"We gotta get across. It's the only place in the Satellite we'll be safe," Tank reminded him.

"Not even Sector Security will come out here," Blitz agreed.

"Great; we're going somewhere worse than that rat-infested bunker you call a hang-out," Blister said flatly.

"They say one day the bridge will connect the Satellite with New Domino City," Tank supplied optimistically. "After that everything will be better."

Blister narrowed his eyes. Let's just hope that dream of yours doesn't turn into a nightmare.

Finally, the gang made it to Crow's hangout. It was completely deserted though. No kids were out playing and everything was silent and eerie.

"We were supposed to meet up with Yusei here. Do you think something happened to him?" Rally asked worriedly.

"I'm sure he's fine. Let's just wait," Blister advised.

Blitz groaned. "I hate waiting."

"What if he's caught? And what if we never see him again?!" Tank panicked.

"Quiet! What, are you trying to jinx us or something?!" Blitz yelled at him.

"Hey look!" Rally cried, a big smile on his face. Crow and Yusei were just pulling in. "They're here! Hey, Yusei!"

Suddenly a huge crowd of kids burst out of hiding. They crowded around Crow and his runner, chattering, talking and cheering all at once.

"What are you talking about" Crow cocked a moody eyebrow at the kids. "You kids want more of my cards? Look at me; do you kids see a beard and a red hat? I'm not Santa Clause."

"Come on, please!" The kids continued to beg.

"Whoa, hold on," Crow smirked. "Well, I don't have cards, but I brought something even better! I give you Yusei; the new Turbo Duel champion!" The red-haired duelist gestured to his friend who had just parked and taken his helmet off.

"Wow!"

"I want an autograph!"

"I saw your duel; I watched it ten times!"

"Oh man, this is like so cool!"

The kids gushed as they swarmed Yusei. He sat dumbstruck, watching all of them fawn over him.

"Hey, try to be careful with the poor guy. He's not some kinda stuffed animal!" Crow yelled at them.

"Where'd all those kids come from" Rally wondered as he watched them pelt Yusei with questions. "Look at them; it's like they've never seen a dueler before, I mean it's just Yusei, come on."

"But maybe," Tank grinned wickedly. "Um, if I got his autograph, then...I'd sell it online and get rich!"

Furious with such a comment, Rally aimed a very nice kick at Tank's rear end.

Night had fallen again, and Fish and Lise had just come back after an intense training regimen.

"Find anything worthwhile?" Tanner asked. He was doing more research on one of the many computers Blister had at his place.