Chapter 20: Nightmares

"You lost?! How are we supposed to get dueling now, Luna? It's not fair!" Leo screamed at his sister with tears in his eyes.

"Well, just look who's talking. At least I didn't lose my match like you did," Luna pointed out, oblivious to her unhappy brother.

"Well, yeah...but..."

I guess because Leo passed out he doesn't remember my duel was about a lot more than this tournament. What power was the Professor talking about? Could he have meant that mark on my arm? Worriedly, Luna clutched her right arm and stared at it expectantly.

"What's wrong Luna? Hurt your arm during the duel?" Yanagi asked, concerned.

"Yeah, you keep looking at it like you're expecting to see something," Dexter chimed in.

"My arm's fine; I promise," Luna told them all firmly.

"If you say so. Now I think it's time we get you two home," Yusei informed the twins to their immense pleasure.

"Wait; by 'we' do you mean the three us taking care of the two of them?" Fish piped up.

Yusei shrugged. "Yeah."

"K!"

"All right! We'll have an all-night dueling sleepover!" Leo cheered.

"Ladies and gentlemen, listen up!" the MC announced. "The second round has been announced. Check out the competition brackets! Who knows what excitement awaits? Who will win? Who will lose? Five duelists, two rounds, one champion; who will it be? Things are gonna get crazy! See you tomorrow!"

Holo screens depicting the competitors next match up hovered high above the crowd. Yusei versus Griger, Akiza versus Fish and Lise...

"Aw man! I've got a bye!" Lise pouted, sticking out her lower lip. "I wanted to duel!"

"Tomorrow is the last day of the tournament. You'll get to duel," Yusei assured her.

"Me versus Akiza. This is definitely going to be difficult," Fish mused.

"Yusei versus Griger! Oh no, not him! Griger's super tough! He even beat me!" Leo observed.

"Looks like you'll be turbo-dueling," Tanner informed Yusei.

"That bad?"

"Yeah; rumor on the street says that Griger has a brand new duel runner he's gonna be using. It's supposed to be unbeatable."

I can't let Griger win. If I can sneak into his garage before the match; I could see what he's got planned and tell Yusei! Leo planned.

"Uh, are you okay?" Luna questioned.

"Huh? Oh yeah, fine! I just um...left something...somewhere else...be right back," Leo stuttered suspiciously as he moved into the aisle separating the seats from each other.

"Where are you going?"

"To um...you know...that place with the...Oh look at the time! Buh-bye!" Leo scurried off without another word.

"What's he doing?"

Lise shrugged. "Dunno."

/

A cargo ship docked at the island of Satellite. A plank was lowered to connect the boat with the island. The three passengers stepped off the ship. One of them was Blister.

The boat's captain handed a notepad and clipboard to a nearby man. "The manifest shows that you had three passengers onboard. Okay, so everybody's all paid up?"

The captain nodded. "Hey, now get moving before you get picked up by Sector Security!"

Blister ignored the people around him. Two sniggering boys ran past him.