Chapter 28: Fortune Finale Part 2

"Welcome back to the Fortune Cup Finale where the master of faster, Jack Atlas, already has a commanding lead! Can the Satellite shooting star, Yusei Fudo, catch up or will this be his final lap? Let's watch and see!"

Up in the stands, Luna noticed the swirling sky. "What's that?" It resembled a thick purple blanket looming over everything.

Leo followed his sister's gaze. He looked nervously at the sky. "I don't think the forecast called for scary purple clouds..."

"It's a sign!" Yanagi whimpered. "The Crimson Dragon is coming! And if she's coming then we should all get going!"

"Take it easy Gramps," Tanner scoffed, returning his attention to the duel. "I mean it's probably just some acid rain drifting in from the Satellite."

"It's the sign we've been waiting for," Goodwin said calmly as he and Lazar observed the skies. He peeked at Lise from the corner of his eyes. "Soon the Crimson Dragon will emerge from its slumber."

Lazar nodded. "Um, just one question about all that. I thought we needed five signers, no? And at this point we just have the four; the little girl, Akiza, Yusei and Jack. Besides, are we even sure that we can control the dragon's power once its been summoned? Perhaps Trudge had a point."

"Lazar, don't you trust me? You see, I know the fifth signer."

There was a collective gasp.

Lazar stared disbelievingly at his boss. "Wait you know? Who is it? Are they here? How exciting! Then that means we can unlock all of its power!"

"You knew this whole time?!" Lise's mouth was open in aghast.

"That's right, but first we must see if we can harness the power the Crimson Dragon's summoning will create," Goodwin replied.

"What if we don't feel like complying?" Fish snarled at the director.

Goodwin raised his eyebrows at the Oracle in amusement. He gestured to Lise. "I'm afraid you don't have a choice."

"We'll see about that," Lise seethed, returning her attention to the duel. The glow increased.

Fish bit her lip and backed away. "I need to make a call."

Both Yusei's and Jack's speed counters increased to four.

"It's my turn Jack!" Yusei announced as he drew his card. And it's time I even up the playing field! "First I'll activate my trap Descending Lost Star! So now by powering down my Junk Warrior I can bring it back out to my field! Then I summon Hyper Synchron!"

(Hyper Synchron: Atk: 1600 Def: 800)

"And now I tune my Junk Warrior with my Hyper Synchron in order to synchro summon...Stardust Dragon!" The beautiful white, silver and blue dragon joined Jack's deep red, black, and white dragon.

Jack grinned as his mark began to glow. "Welcome to the party, Stardust."

"My arm's glowing!" Yusei said when he too noticed a critical moment was upon them.

The dark-haired duelist's runner beeped at him. "Incoming communications request." Confused, Yusei allowed the call to patch through and was met with the furious face of Fish.

"Fish? What're you doing?"

"Is there still time to stop the duel?"

"I...uh.." Yusei glanced at his arm. "I seriously doubt it at this point."

"Dammit!"

"Why?"

"Lise can't hang on much longer. The glow is getting stronger!"