Chapter 38: It Begins Part 4

Yusei: 1800

Kalin: 4000

"It looks like your precious duel runner is about to give up on you, Yusei!" Kalin noticed with manic glee.

Yusei's front wheel wobbled dangerously. It wasn't going to hold out for much longer.

"It's my turn!" Yusei declared, drawing his card. I've only got one way to throw him off his strategy. It's a long shot but I gotta try something! "All right, Kalin, since you've got monsters on your field, and my field is empty, I'm able to special summon this next card as a level four monster! I summon Level Warrior!"

(Level Warrior: Atk: 300 Def: 600)

"Next I'll bring out Hyper Synchron to the field in attack mode!"

"I'm shaking," Kalin mocked.

"And now I'll use the power of my Hyper Synchron to tune with my Level Warrior so I can summon out your destruction! Stardust Dragon, let's rev it up!"

"Busting out your deck's top performer,eh? I was worried you weren't taking me seriously. I guess, in a way, I should be flattered."

"Well this next move will really make you feel special," Yusei half-joked as he continued his move. "See, when Hyper Synchron is used to summon a synchro monster, the summoned monster then gets a power boost."

"I don't like this," Lise decided darkly.

Fish looked at her like she was crazy. "Why? Your boyfriend's winning."

"He's NOT my boyfriend, and it just seems too easy to me."

"Stardust Dragon, attack!" A ray of stardust erupted out of the dragon's mouth, heading straight for Kalin's beast.

"Attack all you want, because now my One Hundred Eyed Dragon gains the special ability of Infernity Guardian!" Kalin countered. "And thanks to this power my dragon can't be destroyed in battle!"

"That may be, but your lifepoints are still gonna take some damage!" Yusei told him, finally able to make a worthwhile move.

Yusei: 1800

Kalin: 3700

"It's good to see you finally hitting back! I know that's not all you've got Yusei! What's next huh?" Kalin didn't seem to be fazed at all.

"Since Stardust Dragon managed to successfully deal battle damage, the Shard of Hope trap card automatically activates! Which means I can now draw one card from my deck, and if that card is a trap card, then I can activate it by destroying Shard of Hope!" Yusei put his hand on his deck. "It all comes down to this..." A quick peek at the card... and... "Nice! Here goes everything! I'm destroying the card Shard of Hope so that I can activate the power of my Miracle Locus trap! This trap forces you to draw a card, and gives Stardust Dragon a thousand more attack points and the ability to attack for a second time this turn! So add a card to your hand, Kalin!"

"With pleasure," Kalin's smirk seemed out of place considering the circumstances.

Yusei continued, "Stardust Dragon, time to inflict another dose of damage; attack!"

And again Yusei's dragon fired at Hundred Eyed Dragon, sending it packing along with a chunk of Kalin's lifepoints.

Yusei: 1800

Kalin: 2400

"Thanks for the help, Yusei. Now that your monster destroyed my mighty beast, I can select one card in my deck and add it to my hand!"